2nd Version of Psy’s Gangnam Style Gets 280 Million Hits, 5th on Top 10 YouTube Hits by Views (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 15, 2013 9:52 AM EST
South Korean artist Psy continues to be on a roll as his record-busting Gangnam Style video reached over 1.3 billion hits as of Valentine's Day. He is currently on an Asian and Oceania tour and just finished a concert in Malaysia, will have a one-day concert next week in the Philippines and five concerts in Australia in March.
Within a few month of the release of his sixth album, which contained his megahit Gangnam Style, that phrase was already entered in the Urban Dictionary as the word of the day on Sept 12, 2012. The Web site said that Gangnam Style is actually a Korean neologism mainly associated with upscale fashion and lavish lifestyle seen and trendsetters in Seoul's Gangnam district.
Gangnam is the most affluent part of the South Korean capital city's metropolitan area.
On Thursday, YG Entertainment announced the release of Psy stamps in 22 postal stations around Seoul, beginning Feb 18. This development makes him the first YG artist to have his own stamp set as differentiated from ordinary stamps.
Psy must be doubly celebrating because a second version of Gangnam Style is also becoming a monster hit in YouTube with about 280 million hits so far. The second version features Psy singing his signature song with sexy Korean singer Hyuna.
Hyuna, 20, fits the sexy lady lyrics of the song. She is a member of the Korean girl group 4Minute and was a former member of another girl group, Wonder Girls.
The second version of Gangnam Style is fifth on the top 10 list of YouTube hits by views and a third version on eighth spot. Here is the list and hits as of Feb 14, 2013.
1. Gangnam Style - 1.3 million
2. Baby by Justin Bieber - 831 million
3. Al Se Eu Te Pego by Michael Telo - 481 million
4. The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars - 370 million
5. 2nd version, Gangnam Style - 280 million
6. Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO - 258 million
7. Evolution of Dance by Judson Laipply - 210 million
8. Gangnam Style by Psy (Comeback Stage) - 191 million
9. Beauty and A Beat by Justin Bieber - 169 million
10. Where Have You Been by Rihanna - 164 million
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight