2nd Version of Psy’s Gangnam Style Gets 280 Million Hits, 5th on Top 10 YouTube Hits by Views (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 15, 2013 9:52 AM EST
South Korean artist Psy continues to be on a roll as his record-busting Gangnam Style video reached over 1.3 billion hits as of Valentine's Day. He is currently on an Asian and Oceania tour and just finished a concert in Malaysia, will have a one-day concert next week in the Philippines and five concerts in Australia in March.
Within a few month of the release of his sixth album, which contained his megahit Gangnam Style, that phrase was already entered in the Urban Dictionary as the word of the day on Sept 12, 2012. The Web site said that Gangnam Style is actually a Korean neologism mainly associated with upscale fashion and lavish lifestyle seen and trendsetters in Seoul's Gangnam district.
Gangnam is the most affluent part of the South Korean capital city's metropolitan area.
On Thursday, YG Entertainment announced the release of Psy stamps in 22 postal stations around Seoul, beginning Feb 18. This development makes him the first YG artist to have his own stamp set as differentiated from ordinary stamps.
Psy must be doubly celebrating because a second version of Gangnam Style is also becoming a monster hit in YouTube with about 280 million hits so far. The second version features Psy singing his signature song with sexy Korean singer Hyuna.
Hyuna, 20, fits the sexy lady lyrics of the song. She is a member of the Korean girl group 4Minute and was a former member of another girl group, Wonder Girls.
The second version of Gangnam Style is fifth on the top 10 list of YouTube hits by views and a third version on eighth spot. Here is the list and hits as of Feb 14, 2013.
1. Gangnam Style - 1.3 million
2. Baby by Justin Bieber - 831 million
3. Al Se Eu Te Pego by Michael Telo - 481 million
4. The Lazy Song by Bruno Mars - 370 million
5. 2nd version, Gangnam Style - 280 million
6. Sexy and I Know It by LMFAO - 258 million
7. Evolution of Dance by Judson Laipply - 210 million
8. Gangnam Style by Psy (Comeback Stage) - 191 million
9. Beauty and A Beat by Justin Bieber - 169 million
10. Where Have You Been by Rihanna - 164 million
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports