Jim Jones Arrested: Rapper Charged With Disorderly Conduct In New Jersey
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 15, 2013 9:37 AM EST
Jim Jones was arrested on disorderly conduct and other charges Wednesday after the rapper allegedly became combative with New Jersey officers asking him about active warrants.
Jones, 37, whose real name is Joseph G. Jones, was arrested by police in Fair Lawn, N.J., stemming from an incident about a parked car that had not been moved since the Feb. 8 blizzard.
The car had a parking summons on the windshield dated Feb. 6, NorthJersey.com (the Record) reported. A Fair Lawn police sergeant was about to tow the vehicle when Jones came out of his home and asked the officer what he was doing.
Jones, a rapper, actor and co-founder of the hip-hop label Diplomat Records, agreed to pay the towing fine and move the vehicle, the website reported.
That’s when the sergeant learned the rapper had two active warrants – a $43 warrant for failing to remove snow from the sidewalk of Fair Lawn’s municipal court building in 2011 and a $150 warrant for not yielding to an emergency vehicle in Paterson, in 2010, according to NorthJersey.com.
After Jones was told about the active warrants against him, the rapper “became belligerent and combative,” the paper reported. He also allegedly gave false information to the sergeant and tried to walk away from him while the sergeant tried to put him under arrest.
Jones was released from jail after posting bail, NorthJersey.com reported. He was charged with obstruction and disorderly conduct for the incident, and is next scheduled to appear in court Feb. 27.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan