Jim Jones Arrested: Rapper Charged With Disorderly Conduct In New Jersey
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 15, 2013 9:37 AM EST
Jim Jones was arrested on disorderly conduct and other charges Wednesday after the rapper allegedly became combative with New Jersey officers asking him about active warrants.
Jones, 37, whose real name is Joseph G. Jones, was arrested by police in Fair Lawn, N.J., stemming from an incident about a parked car that had not been moved since the Feb. 8 blizzard.
The car had a parking summons on the windshield dated Feb. 6, NorthJersey.com (the Record) reported. A Fair Lawn police sergeant was about to tow the vehicle when Jones came out of his home and asked the officer what he was doing.
Jones, a rapper, actor and co-founder of the hip-hop label Diplomat Records, agreed to pay the towing fine and move the vehicle, the website reported.
That’s when the sergeant learned the rapper had two active warrants – a $43 warrant for failing to remove snow from the sidewalk of Fair Lawn’s municipal court building in 2011 and a $150 warrant for not yielding to an emergency vehicle in Paterson, in 2010, according to NorthJersey.com.
After Jones was told about the active warrants against him, the rapper “became belligerent and combative,” the paper reported. He also allegedly gave false information to the sergeant and tried to walk away from him while the sergeant tried to put him under arrest.
Jones was released from jail after posting bail, NorthJersey.com reported. He was charged with obstruction and disorderly conduct for the incident, and is next scheduled to appear in court Feb. 27.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]