Jim Jones Arrested: Rapper Charged With Disorderly Conduct In New Jersey
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 15, 2013 9:37 AM EST
Jim Jones was arrested on disorderly conduct and other charges Wednesday after the rapper allegedly became combative with New Jersey officers asking him about active warrants.
Jones, 37, whose real name is Joseph G. Jones, was arrested by police in Fair Lawn, N.J., stemming from an incident about a parked car that had not been moved since the Feb. 8 blizzard.
The car had a parking summons on the windshield dated Feb. 6, NorthJersey.com (the Record) reported. A Fair Lawn police sergeant was about to tow the vehicle when Jones came out of his home and asked the officer what he was doing.
Jones, a rapper, actor and co-founder of the hip-hop label Diplomat Records, agreed to pay the towing fine and move the vehicle, the website reported.
That’s when the sergeant learned the rapper had two active warrants – a $43 warrant for failing to remove snow from the sidewalk of Fair Lawn’s municipal court building in 2011 and a $150 warrant for not yielding to an emergency vehicle in Paterson, in 2010, according to NorthJersey.com.
After Jones was told about the active warrants against him, the rapper “became belligerent and combative,” the paper reported. He also allegedly gave false information to the sergeant and tried to walk away from him while the sergeant tried to put him under arrest.
Jones was released from jail after posting bail, NorthJersey.com reported. He was charged with obstruction and disorderly conduct for the incident, and is next scheduled to appear in court Feb. 27.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate