Katy Perry Stays Away From Rihanna At Grammy Awards: Not Happy About Her Relationship With Chris Brown
By Amethyst Tate | February 15, 2013 8:22 AM EST
Katy Perry and Rihanna are not going to be rekindling their friendship anytime soon, and it is all because of Chris Brown.
The former best friends were not spotted near one another at the 55th Grammy Awards earlier this week, as Rihanna chose instead to cozy up to on-again boyfriend Brown.
The Daily Mail reports that Perry even specifically asked not to be seated near the couple, who sat in the front row by the stage.
“They aren't tight anymore because Katy doesn't approve of Rihanna dating Chris Brown,” a source told USMagazine.
Perry is not pleased that Rihanna has gone back to Brown, after he physically assaulted her back in 2009.
Rihanna has made no secret about her love for Brown, though he gave her a black eye and a swollen lip after a heated argument just three years ago.
"My stomach drops and I have to maintain this poker face and not let it get to the outer part of me,” Rihanna explained to Oprah last year about how she acts when she sees Brown.
"We love each other and we probably always will."
Last April, Perry spoke about her friendship with Rihanna and explained how they became such close friends.
“[Rihanna] had this cool studded Valentino bag that had sparkly stuff on it," Perry, thinking of a moment in 2009, told the May issue of Elle magazine.
Perry complimented Rihanna on the bag, and then Rihanna told the pop star that she was send her one. But Perry was skeptical.
"I was like, 'Oh great, here's one of those tricks who talks fast friends but never lives up to it,'" said Perry. But Rihanna stuck to her word.
"Valentine's Day came around, and I got a little Valentino bag in the mail from her," Perry admitted. "I thought, 'Wow this is a woman of her word.'"
Rihanna then explained why she bonded with Perry.
"I'll tell you, you do not find people like her in this industry. She's gorgeous, charming and so unedited it's scary. That's what intrigued me most when I first met her: she said it like she saw it.
"I trust people like that. I feel safe around people who tell me the [expletive]-up [expletive], because I know they'll always tell me the truth,” Rihanna added.
The last time Perry and Rihanna were seen together was during the MTV Video Awards last September.
Since then, Rihanna has been spending much of her time in the studio and with Brown, while Perry has been seen out with boyfriend fellow artist John Mayer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate