S&P 500 ends up slightly for third day
February 15, 2013 8:21 AM EST
The S&P 500 ended a third straight session of minimal gains on Thursday, helped by a flurry of merger activity, though investors expect a pullback with major averages near multi-year highs.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> was down 8.98 points, or 0.06 percent, at 13,973.93. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 1.07 points, or 0.07 percent, at 1,521.40. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was up 1.78 points, or 0.06 percent, at 3,198.66.
(Reporting By Caroline Valetkevitch; Editing by Kenneth Barry)
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills