S&P 500 ends up slightly for third day
February 15, 2013 8:21 AM EST
The S&P 500 ended a third straight session of minimal gains on Thursday, helped by a flurry of merger activity, though investors expect a pullback with major averages near multi-year highs.
Based on the latest available data, the Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> was down 8.98 points, or 0.06 percent, at 13,973.93. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 1.07 points, or 0.07 percent, at 1,521.40. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was up 1.78 points, or 0.06 percent, at 3,198.66.
(Reporting By Caroline Valetkevitch; Editing by Kenneth Barry)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery