NBA Trade Rumors: Eric Gordon Linked To Several Teams
February 15, 2013 8:18 AM EST
Eric Gordon is one of the best young players in the NBA. He’s also one of the few big names that could be moved by the Feb. 21 trade deadline.
The New Orleans Hornets star is the latest player to be involved in trade rumors. ESPN’s Chris Broussard is reporting that Gordon could be dealt within the next week.
According to the report, multiple teams are interested in acquiring the 24-year-old. Broussard writes that the Dallas Mavericks, Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets have inquired about the shooting guard.
Apparently, there is a feeling around the league that Gordon would welcome a trade. He signed a four-year, $58 million offer sheet with the Phoenix Suns in the summer. At the time, Gordon made it clear that he was ready to leave New Orleans.
"After visiting the Suns, the impression the organization made on me was incredible,” Gordon stated. “Mr. (Robert) Sarver, Lon Babby, Lance Blanks, the Front Office Staff and Coach (Alvin) Gentry run a first-class organization, and I strongly feel they are the right franchise for me. Phoenix is just where my heart is now."
Even though Gordon expressed his desire to play in Phoenix, New Orleans matched the offer.
While the Hornets have been gauging interest in Gordon, it’s not likely that he’ll be traded. A source tells Broussard there is less than 10 percent of a deal being completed.
Gordon was sent to New Orleans in the deal that netted the Los Angeles Clippers Chris Paul. In his first three seasons with the Clippers, Gordon improved every year. In the 2010-2011 season, he set career-highs with 22.3 points, 4.4 assists and 2.9 rebounds per game.
Since moving to New Orleans, Gordon has been plagued by injuries. Last year, he played in only nine games. He’s missed another 35 this season, and may not be dealt because of a diminished trade vaule.
The Warriors might have the best shot of landing Gordon. Houston and Dallas will be wary of taking on an expensive three-year contract. Both clubs are hoping to save salary cap space and sign Dwight Howard if he doesn’t return to the Los Angeles Lakers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks