RG3 Injury Update: Will The Redskins QB Be Ready For The Start Of The Season?
February 15, 2013 7:10 AM EST
The Washington Redskins have received some good news regarding their star quarterback.
Even though he suffered a terrible injury to end the season, there’s a chance Robert Griffin III won’t miss any of the 2013 NFL season. According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, team officials believe that Griffin could start in the season opener.
In the Redskins playoff game against the Seattle Seahawks, Griffin left the fourth quarter with a torn ACL and LCL. He had surgery one month ago, and the projected rehab for the injury was set to last between eight and 12 months.
ACL injuries often take a while to recover from, and many players don’t return to their old form in their first season back. Adrian Peterson, however, has given Redskins fans some hope, with his performance in 2012. After tearing his ACL and MCL in 2011, Peterson led the NFL in rushing the following year, winning the MVP award.
Should Griffin miss a significant portion of the upcoming season, Kirk Cousins will take over as the team’s starting quarterback. In the one game that Griffin did not play this past year, Cousins led Washington to a victory.
While Washington remains optimistic, there’s still a lot of time before the team can make an accurate prediction about Griffin’s return. In his rookie year, the former Heisman Trophy winner led all signal callers with 815 rushing yards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best