RG3 Injury Update: Will The Redskins QB Be Ready For The Start Of The Season?
February 15, 2013 7:10 AM EST
The Washington Redskins have received some good news regarding their star quarterback.
Even though he suffered a terrible injury to end the season, there’s a chance Robert Griffin III won’t miss any of the 2013 NFL season. According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, team officials believe that Griffin could start in the season opener.
In the Redskins playoff game against the Seattle Seahawks, Griffin left the fourth quarter with a torn ACL and LCL. He had surgery one month ago, and the projected rehab for the injury was set to last between eight and 12 months.
ACL injuries often take a while to recover from, and many players don’t return to their old form in their first season back. Adrian Peterson, however, has given Redskins fans some hope, with his performance in 2012. After tearing his ACL and MCL in 2011, Peterson led the NFL in rushing the following year, winning the MVP award.
Should Griffin miss a significant portion of the upcoming season, Kirk Cousins will take over as the team’s starting quarterback. In the one game that Griffin did not play this past year, Cousins led Washington to a victory.
While Washington remains optimistic, there’s still a lot of time before the team can make an accurate prediction about Griffin’s return. In his rookie year, the former Heisman Trophy winner led all signal callers with 815 rushing yards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy