RG3 Injury Update: Will The Redskins QB Be Ready For The Start Of The Season?
February 15, 2013 7:10 AM EST
The Washington Redskins have received some good news regarding their star quarterback.
Even though he suffered a terrible injury to end the season, there’s a chance Robert Griffin III won’t miss any of the 2013 NFL season. According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, team officials believe that Griffin could start in the season opener.
In the Redskins playoff game against the Seattle Seahawks, Griffin left the fourth quarter with a torn ACL and LCL. He had surgery one month ago, and the projected rehab for the injury was set to last between eight and 12 months.
ACL injuries often take a while to recover from, and many players don’t return to their old form in their first season back. Adrian Peterson, however, has given Redskins fans some hope, with his performance in 2012. After tearing his ACL and MCL in 2011, Peterson led the NFL in rushing the following year, winning the MVP award.
Should Griffin miss a significant portion of the upcoming season, Kirk Cousins will take over as the team’s starting quarterback. In the one game that Griffin did not play this past year, Cousins led Washington to a victory.
While Washington remains optimistic, there’s still a lot of time before the team can make an accurate prediction about Griffin’s return. In his rookie year, the former Heisman Trophy winner led all signal callers with 815 rushing yards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions