Piglet Chris P Bacon Gets New Wheelchair for Valentine’s Day [PHOTOS + VIDEO]
By Hannah Osborne | February 15, 2013 5:32 AM EST
A month-old piglet who was born without the use of his back legs has been given a new wheelchair for Valentine's Day.
Florida piglet Chris P Bacon made headlines last month when his owner and vet, Len Lucero, uploaded a video of him on YouTube.
He had made Chris a wheelchair from K'nex toys and, having outgrown his last chair, he has now got a new mode of transport. Eventually the piglet will use a dog wheelchair.
Chris was brought to Lucero by a woman who wanted to have him put down because of his disability.
However, Lucero decided Chris deserved another chance and posted a video of the piglet online.
Since then, Chris has amassed a huge following, with over 17,000 fans on Facebook and one of his videos having over 500,000 views.
On his Facebook page, the piglet says: "My name is Chris P. Bacon. I am a pig in a wheelchair. My veterinarian Dr Len Lucero decided that I needed to be given a second chance.
"A young woman reluctantly brought me to Dr Lucero and asked that I be euthanized because she did not know what kind of life I would have. I have a congenital defect that affects my rear legs, but I am otherwise happy and healthy.
"I went home with Dr Lucero that day, so that I would have a chance at life as a handicapped pig. I live in Florida and love my new life! Thanks for sharing it with me!"
Lucero said: "He's cute. He grunts. And he's got a pretty cute little wheelchair.
"He was healthy and I was afraid he would have eventually met his maker.
"He just makes me happy. [I get] three or four hours of sleep a night, if that, because I'm trying to keep up with all his media."
"I want my piggy to be famous. My goal is to put him out there because he makes people happy."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen