Piglet Chris P Bacon Gets New Wheelchair for Valentine’s Day [PHOTOS + VIDEO]
By Hannah Osborne | February 15, 2013 5:32 AM EST
A month-old piglet who was born without the use of his back legs has been given a new wheelchair for Valentine's Day.
Florida piglet Chris P Bacon made headlines last month when his owner and vet, Len Lucero, uploaded a video of him on YouTube.
He had made Chris a wheelchair from K'nex toys and, having outgrown his last chair, he has now got a new mode of transport. Eventually the piglet will use a dog wheelchair.
Chris was brought to Lucero by a woman who wanted to have him put down because of his disability.
However, Lucero decided Chris deserved another chance and posted a video of the piglet online.
Since then, Chris has amassed a huge following, with over 17,000 fans on Facebook and one of his videos having over 500,000 views.
On his Facebook page, the piglet says: "My name is Chris P. Bacon. I am a pig in a wheelchair. My veterinarian Dr Len Lucero decided that I needed to be given a second chance.
"A young woman reluctantly brought me to Dr Lucero and asked that I be euthanized because she did not know what kind of life I would have. I have a congenital defect that affects my rear legs, but I am otherwise happy and healthy.
"I went home with Dr Lucero that day, so that I would have a chance at life as a handicapped pig. I live in Florida and love my new life! Thanks for sharing it with me!"
Lucero said: "He's cute. He grunts. And he's got a pretty cute little wheelchair.
"He was healthy and I was afraid he would have eventually met his maker.
"He just makes me happy. [I get] three or four hours of sleep a night, if that, because I'm trying to keep up with all his media."
"I want my piggy to be famous. My goal is to put him out there because he makes people happy."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate