Piglet Chris P Bacon Gets New Wheelchair for Valentine’s Day [PHOTOS + VIDEO]
By Hannah Osborne | February 15, 2013 5:32 AM EST
A month-old piglet who was born without the use of his back legs has been given a new wheelchair for Valentine's Day.
Florida piglet Chris P Bacon made headlines last month when his owner and vet, Len Lucero, uploaded a video of him on YouTube.
He had made Chris a wheelchair from K'nex toys and, having outgrown his last chair, he has now got a new mode of transport. Eventually the piglet will use a dog wheelchair.
Chris was brought to Lucero by a woman who wanted to have him put down because of his disability.
However, Lucero decided Chris deserved another chance and posted a video of the piglet online.
Since then, Chris has amassed a huge following, with over 17,000 fans on Facebook and one of his videos having over 500,000 views.
On his Facebook page, the piglet says: "My name is Chris P. Bacon. I am a pig in a wheelchair. My veterinarian Dr Len Lucero decided that I needed to be given a second chance.
"A young woman reluctantly brought me to Dr Lucero and asked that I be euthanized because she did not know what kind of life I would have. I have a congenital defect that affects my rear legs, but I am otherwise happy and healthy.
"I went home with Dr Lucero that day, so that I would have a chance at life as a handicapped pig. I live in Florida and love my new life! Thanks for sharing it with me!"
Lucero said: "He's cute. He grunts. And he's got a pretty cute little wheelchair.
"He was healthy and I was afraid he would have eventually met his maker.
"He just makes me happy. [I get] three or four hours of sleep a night, if that, because I'm trying to keep up with all his media."
"I want my piggy to be famous. My goal is to put him out there because he makes people happy."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS