Nike Removes 'I Am The Bullet In The Chamber' Ad From Oscar Pistorius Website After Murder Charges
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 15, 2013 3:37 AM EST
A Nike ad featuring Paralympian and murder suspect Oscar Pistorius that has the tagline “I Am The Bullet In The Chamber” has been taking down from the runner’s website after the shooting death of his model girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.
The “I Am The Bullet In The Chamber” banner ad shows the 26-year-old South African Paralympian with his feet on starting blocks and his hands to the ground along with a series of pictures of his stride in motion.
Nike’s decision to remove the ad was met with mixed reaction among visitors to Pistorius’ website.
“Best Nike removed the 'I am the bullet in the chamber' banner ad on this site,” wrote a poster with the user name “gus.”
Another user, “Yolandi,” urged the public not to rush to judgment following Pistorius’ arrest on murder charges.
“No one is in the position to judge this man. No one knows the correct facts. These types of accidents happen often, you cannot predict how you will react if you were in his position. Rather pray for their families instead of saying bad things,” they said.
South African authorities said they oppose bail for Pistorius, who has a court hearing scheduled for Friday, The New York Times reported.
Pistorius claimed the shooting was an accident and maintained that he mistook his girlfriend for a burglar.
The runner’s father, Henke Pistorius, told The Times that he didn’t notice any trouble in his son’s relationship with Steenkamp, although he conceded that he never met the model.
“Not as far as I know. But I don’t discuss my son’s relationships. I have in fact not met the lady. I don’t know,” he told The Times.
Pistorius was victorious at the 2012 London Paralympic Games, where the runner won two gold medals and a silver medal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop