Landry Fields's Model Girlfriend Elaine Alden Announces They Are Engaged On Twitter [PICTURES]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 15, 2013 2:04 AM EST
On Wednesday night, the Toronto Raptors upset the New York Knicks, defeating the first place club 92-88. In the win, Landry Fields scored four points and grabbed 10 rebounds against his former team.
Before the game, though, Fields proposed to his girlfriend Elaine Alden. The model used social media to announce that the two are set to be married.
“Im so happy to announce my engagement to the man of my dreams!!!” Alden said on Instagram. “He is such an incredible human being and we couldn't be happier!!!! Best day ever!!!”
In June, Alden admitted that she was dating the Raptors forward on Twitter.
“I guess I'm a WAG ha! proud to be a NBA wag especially since @landryfields is my ole ball & chain..haha #jokes #happylady #peas&carrots,” tweeted Alden.
Alden has had a fairly successful career as a model. She’s been featured in Maxim, GQ and Sports Illustrated.
Fields may be happy off the court, but he’s had a lot of trouble in his first season in Toronto. As a rookie in 2011, the former Knicks starter made the NBA All-Rookie First Team. This year, the Stanford grad is averaging just five points per game.
A year ago, Fields gained notoriety for his relationship with Jeremy Lin. The point guard slept on Fields’ couch before he became a household name. In the offseason, both players left New York and signed with different teams.
Below are pictures of Fields and Alden.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider