Jerome Sinclair Stars as Liverpool Progress in the FA Youth Cup
By Adrian Back | February 15, 2013 12:51 AM EST
Brendan Rodgers may be struggling for results with the Liverpool first team but that has certainly not been the case for the club's various academy sides, as Jerome Sinclair helped the club progress to the fifth round of the FA Youth Cup by scoring with a cheeky back-heel.
Sinclair became the youngster player ever to represent Liverpool earlier this season when he was brought on against West Brom in a League Cup tie aged just 16 years and six days.
Having been born in Birmingham and started his footballing education at West Brom, Sinclair moved to the Liverpool academy as a 14-year-old and quickly made an impression as he broke into the Under-18 side.
The young striker has continued to excel at youth level and scored the second goal as Liverpool secured a 4-0 win over Histon to safely navigate their way through to the next stage of the FA Youth Cup.
Sinclair's goal came just minutes into the second half when the ball bobbled in the six yard box and the striker instinctively decided to try and audacious back-heel which caught the keeper by surprise and handed Liverpool a 2-0 lead.
Kristoffer Peterson gave Steve Cooper's side the lead on 17 minutes, while a brilliant strike from Jack Dunn made it 3-0 before Daniel Trickett-Smith made sure of the win as he slotted home a fourth.
Liverpool's youth sides have enjoyed plenty of success this season with their NextGen side making it through to the knockout stages of the competition where they will now face Sporting Lisbon on February 20.
The Under-21 side has also had been in impressive form as they qualified for the elite group of the Premier League by finishing the first half of the season as the only unbeaten side in the country.
They did lose their first game of the current campaign to Tottenham earlier this week but Rodgers will be hoping that the youth sides continue to excel and produce more players capable of making the transition to the first team squad.
See all the goals below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design