‘ABCD’ Box Office Collection: Prabhu Deva Starrer Earns ₹28 in Six Days
By Ankita Mehta | February 15, 2013 12:17 AM EST
Bollywood 3D dance film "ABCD: Any Body Can Dance" has maintained steady collections during the weekdays at the domestic box office.
The Prabhu Deva starrer minted ₹28.7 crore within six days of its release in the country.
The six-day breakup of the film is: ₹19.5 crore over the weekend (Friday+ Saturday+ Sunday), ₹3.5 crore on Monday, ₹3 crore on Tuesday and ₹2.7 crore on Wednesday, according to trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh.
The business of the film declined, but it maintained a steady pace at collection centres during weekdays.
The six-day collection of the CI circuit is Friday - ₹10,80,000, Saturday - ₹12,40,000, Sunday - ₹18,00,000, Monday - ₹8,45,000, Tuesday - ₹8,15,000 and Wednesday - ₹7,50,000. The CI circuit is formed by certain regions of Madhya Pradesh.
The film, directed by Remo D'Souza, was made on a budget of ₹12 crore. Even with no big star cast it has earned more than double its production cost.
The collection is expected to increase on Thursday on account of Valentine's Day. "ABCD" will round off the first week with around ₹30 crore in its kitty.
But the second week is crucial for the film considering the release of two new films "Murder 3" and "Jayantabhai Ki Luv Story". The business of the film will fall due to less number of screens, but it might cross the ₹50 crore mark if it maintained a strong hold at the box office during that period.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast