Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 Tastes Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean with AOKP Build 3 ROM [How to Install]
By Vinod Yalburgi | February 14, 2013 10:07 PM EST
Galaxy Note 2 N7105 recently received a similar Jelly Bean update via CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM, and now the device tastes the latest Jelly Bean features through the newly released Android 4.2.1 AOKP Build 3 ROM. This is reportedly the first official release of AOKP-based ROM for the Note 2, which is expected to bring a host of user interface (UI) enhancements and advanced custom features such as UI mode selector for Phone, Phablet and Tablet modes, quick unlock, LastApp toggle and more.
Here is the complete list of features supported by Android 4.2.1 AOKP Build 3 Jelly Bean ROM:
- General UI
- UI mode selector - Phone / Phablet / Tablet
- Transparency control for all the things!
- Dual panel at any DPI
- Car Homeis back
- Allow timeout / instant lock for Slide
- Quick unlock (PIN/password can unlock without pressing enter)
- Navigation Bar
- Hiding NavBar - if you enable this, NavBar won't be visible all the time, you can slide up from the bottom of your screen and it comes back!
- Recents - GB style
- Custom icon tint
- Menu UI overflow
- LastApp Toggle
Key Points to Note
- AOKP Build 3 custom ROM and the instructions given in this guide are compatible with the Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for Galaxy Note 2 on the computer. Download Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105 USB drivers.
- Back up your important data and settings on the phone by using one of the recommended custom recovery tools such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP. Avoid using either Samsung KIES or ROM manager for data backup, as they have known issues with custom ROM and may damage or brick your device permanently.
- Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled on the device by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if the phone is running Android 4.0 or later) or Settings > Applications > Development (if the device is running Android 2.3 or earlier).
- Ensure that the device has at least 85 percent battery charge before proceeding with firmware installation.
- Verify that the phone is factory unlocked and rooted with CWM recovery installed on it.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache Wipe before continuing from Recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will not recognise your device after installing Android 4.2.1 AOKP Build 3 ROM, as it is a custom release.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if your device is damaged or bricked during or after the firmware installation. Users must proceed at their own risk.
How to update Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 to Android 4.2.1 AOKP Build 3 Jelly Bean ROM
Step 2 - Connect and mount your Galaxy Note 2 USB mass storage on the computer using original USB cable.
Step 3 - Copy the downloaded Android 4.2.1 AOKP Build 3 ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on your phone's SD card.
Step 4 - Power off your phone and disconnect its USB cable from computer.
Step 5 - Boot it into Recovery Mode. To do so, make sure that ADB drivers are installed and then Navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click anywhere in the folder > Open Command Prompt). Now, type the following command and hit enter: adb reboot recovery.
Step 6 - In CWM recovery, do a full data wipe first. Then navigate to Flash zip from SD card option and tap Power button to select it.
Step 7 - Hit Power button again and click Choose zip from SD card.
Step 8 - Use volume keys to navigate to Android 4.2.1 AOKP Build 3 ROM zip file that you copied earlier to your phone and select it using the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and the installation procedure will begin.
NOTE: Repeat this step for installing Google Apps as well.
Step 9 - Once both the ROM and Google Apps are installed, hit Go Back and reboot the phone by tapping Reboot System Now in the recovery menu. The phone will reboot and the first boot might take about 5 minutes to complete. So, leave it alone.
Galaxy Note 2 N7105 is now running the latest Android 4.2.1 based AOKP Build 3 Jelly Bean ROM. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: