Samsung Galaxy S4, Smartwatch and S4 Mini Underway; Next-Gen Handset May Debut Without S-Pen
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 14, 2013 9:11 PM EST
South Korean tech giant Samsung is reportedly prepping to launch a range of compelling products which are currently in the production pipeline under a project codenamed 'Altius'.
According to SamMobile, Samsung is likely to announce its Galaxy S4 handset on 15 March. It was also said that the company is working on a new device, codenamed 'Serrano', which is similar to Galaxy S4 but lacks the wireless charging dock.
Samsung is also speculated to be working on a device to take on Apple's iWatch. Earlier this week, there were reports saying that Apple is readying a new watch-like device which would run on the iOS platform and perform functions of a smartphone.
"The third device could be Samsung's answer on Apple's rumoured iWatch. Project J Active based under the codename Fortius uses some strange accessories like a Arm Band, a Bike Mount and a Pouch. Project J Active isn't final decided yet but the Altius and Serrano are," reported SamMobile.
The technology blog, citing Korean website ddaily.co.kr as its source, reported that the upcoming Galaxy S4 will not come with the S-Pen feature and is likely to retain the home button with capacitive touch keys. However, it maintained that ""Non-contact Gesture" will be true. Details of the non-contact gesture function may have been misunderstood for "S-Pen Feature" in the device."
Previous reports indicated that Galaxy S4 may come with a 4.99-inch Super AMOLED full HD display, 1.8GHz eight-core Exynos 5 Octa processor, 2GB of RAM and Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. It was also speculated that the device will sport a super-sized 13-megapixel camera on the back.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery