Apple's MacBook Pro Retina Range Gets $200 Price Cut and Power Boost
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 14, 2013 5:45 PM EST
Apple Inc on Wednesday dropped the prices of its Retina MacBook Pro and top-end models by up to $200, in a bid to consolidate greater share in the burgeoning technology market.
The price cut will bring the 13-inch MacBook Pro with 128GB SSD storage down to ₹99,900 from its previous price of ₹1,14,900, and the 256GB version down by ₹5,000 to ₹94,900. The prices of other models in the same series will remain unchanged.
"Apple is making the MacBook Pro with Retina display faster and more affordable with updated processors and lower starting prices," said Apple in an official statement on Thursday.
Apart from the price cut, Apple has boosted the speed capacity of some of its MacBook Pro laptops. The 13-inch MacBook Pro 256GB model will now feature 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor in place of the earlier 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor. Likewise, the 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display will now get a 2.4 GHz quad-core processor while its top end variant will be powered by 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor.
The upgraded models are available for purchase though Apple Online Store and at authorized retailers.
Apple's decision of a price cut came after it witnessed a decline in sales of its popular-selling Macbook Pro range during the last holiday season.
According to Reuters, investors expressed concern over the iPad range eating into MacBook Pro laptops sales. In the December quarter, MacBook Pro sales stood at 4.1 million in unit sales units, 21 percent down from 5.2 million units in the same period last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide