Apple's MacBook Pro Retina Range Gets $200 Price Cut and Power Boost
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 14, 2013 5:45 PM EST
Apple Inc on Wednesday dropped the prices of its Retina MacBook Pro and top-end models by up to $200, in a bid to consolidate greater share in the burgeoning technology market.
The price cut will bring the 13-inch MacBook Pro with 128GB SSD storage down to ₹99,900 from its previous price of ₹1,14,900, and the 256GB version down by ₹5,000 to ₹94,900. The prices of other models in the same series will remain unchanged.
"Apple is making the MacBook Pro with Retina display faster and more affordable with updated processors and lower starting prices," said Apple in an official statement on Thursday.
Apart from the price cut, Apple has boosted the speed capacity of some of its MacBook Pro laptops. The 13-inch MacBook Pro 256GB model will now feature 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor in place of the earlier 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor. Likewise, the 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display will now get a 2.4 GHz quad-core processor while its top end variant will be powered by 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor.
The upgraded models are available for purchase though Apple Online Store and at authorized retailers.
Apple's decision of a price cut came after it witnessed a decline in sales of its popular-selling Macbook Pro range during the last holiday season.
According to Reuters, investors expressed concern over the iPad range eating into MacBook Pro laptops sales. In the December quarter, MacBook Pro sales stood at 4.1 million in unit sales units, 21 percent down from 5.2 million units in the same period last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles