Apple's MacBook Pro Retina Range Gets $200 Price Cut and Power Boost
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 14, 2013 5:45 PM EST
Apple Inc on Wednesday dropped the prices of its Retina MacBook Pro and top-end models by up to $200, in a bid to consolidate greater share in the burgeoning technology market.
The price cut will bring the 13-inch MacBook Pro with 128GB SSD storage down to ₹99,900 from its previous price of ₹1,14,900, and the 256GB version down by ₹5,000 to ₹94,900. The prices of other models in the same series will remain unchanged.
"Apple is making the MacBook Pro with Retina display faster and more affordable with updated processors and lower starting prices," said Apple in an official statement on Thursday.
Apart from the price cut, Apple has boosted the speed capacity of some of its MacBook Pro laptops. The 13-inch MacBook Pro 256GB model will now feature 2.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor in place of the earlier 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor. Likewise, the 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display will now get a 2.4 GHz quad-core processor while its top end variant will be powered by 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor.
The upgraded models are available for purchase though Apple Online Store and at authorized retailers.
Apple's decision of a price cut came after it witnessed a decline in sales of its popular-selling Macbook Pro range during the last holiday season.
According to Reuters, investors expressed concern over the iPad range eating into MacBook Pro laptops sales. In the December quarter, MacBook Pro sales stood at 4.1 million in unit sales units, 21 percent down from 5.2 million units in the same period last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28