Nexus 7.7 Release Date, Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie and Camera Rumours
By Arlene Paredes | February 14, 2013 3:47 PM EST
Nexus 7.7 release date could fall within months away from the iPad mini 2 launch, according to rumours. The May Google I/O event will reportedly coincide with the new Nexus tablet and Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie announcements. One of the most prevalent speculations is that Nexus 7.7 will have both front- and rear-facing cameras.
RELATED | Nexus 7: Top Users' Complaints
Nexus 7.7 will reportedly be manufactured by LG and fueled by the new NVIDIA Tegra 4 multi-core processor matched to 2GB of RAM. This time, there will be a rear-facing high-definition cameras, but still no external storage. Android fans hope the minimum storage would be increased from 8GB to 16GB. Price is believed to be marked from $299.
Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie is expected to be discussed at the Google I/O event, but there is little hope that it would be fully ready by then. Still, many Android analysts believe Google will not want to release the Nexus 7.7 unless it would run on the latest Android upon launch.
Reports say the next Nexus small tablet will upgrade its screen size from 7 to 7.7 inches, hence, the 7.7 digit attached to the new name. It will reportedly feature a competitive WUXGA display of 1920 x 1200 resolution for a pixel density of 294 ppi.
Nexus 7.7 vs iPad Mini 2?
Considering the May Google I/O event, there is some chance that the Nexus 7.7 will battle head-on against the new Apple iPad mini 2 when it does get launched in October.
The iPad mini 2 will reportedly boast of Sharp's slim-but-tough IGZO technology to maintain its light and skinny chassis. It will maintain its 7.9-in screen, but will display a pixel density of at least 330 ppi, says the rumours. As far as rumoured improvements are concerned, it will be interesting to see which of these small tablets will win out on critics' reviews by year-end.
The Nexus 7.7 rumours are linked to a possible Nexus 5 release also this year. This may sound absurd to those who have only recently received their Nexus 4. However, LG has hinted earlier that the company's partnership with Google will flourish this year. Based on previous launches, a lot of rumours have proven true. For now, rumours are as good as many Android fans' wish list.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans