Apple iPhone 6 Rumors: Upcoming Smart Phone with Bigger Screen Display and 8-Core Processor?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 14, 2013 3:32 PM EST
Jefferies industry analyst Peter Misek made a variety of predictions on the upcoming Apple iPhone 6. His predictions included a bigger screen display on the latest smart phone as well as integration of an 8-core processor.
According to Misek, Apple wanted to release iPhone 6 before 2013 ends but the screen suppliers' manufacturing issues caused the delay. The technology giant is reportedly under pressure in creating a larger screen display size of 4.8 inches from the initial 4-inch measurement.
The analyst believes there could be another reason as to why Apple is holding back with the iPhone 6 release. Peter Misek suggests the upcoming smart phone will feature 20 nm chip processors which is the smallest Node Process to be used compared to the A6 chip with 32 nm.
Apple is reportedly preparing to "re-architect iOS to utilize more cores" before the iPhone 6 is officially launched. The iOS updgrade will then allow addition of probably 4- 8 CPU cores for the Apple iPhone 6 for a new processing speed.
However, Peter Misek thinks Apple will have a hard time in building up all of these estimated features and specifications for the upcoming iPhone 6. This could delay the smart phone's release schedule since the new iOS design might be accomplished in 2014.
Other iPhone 6 predictions of the Jefferies industry analyst include a display conversion from LCD technology to organic light-emitting diode (OLED), incorporation of the iCloud and gesture controls for better functions and a possible Apple iOS improvement for a much better performance against the other devices from rival company Samsung.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet