Apple iPhone 6 Rumors: Upcoming Smart Phone with Bigger Screen Display and 8-Core Processor?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 14, 2013 3:32 PM EST
Jefferies industry analyst Peter Misek made a variety of predictions on the upcoming Apple iPhone 6. His predictions included a bigger screen display on the latest smart phone as well as integration of an 8-core processor.
According to Misek, Apple wanted to release iPhone 6 before 2013 ends but the screen suppliers' manufacturing issues caused the delay. The technology giant is reportedly under pressure in creating a larger screen display size of 4.8 inches from the initial 4-inch measurement.
The analyst believes there could be another reason as to why Apple is holding back with the iPhone 6 release. Peter Misek suggests the upcoming smart phone will feature 20 nm chip processors which is the smallest Node Process to be used compared to the A6 chip with 32 nm.
Apple is reportedly preparing to "re-architect iOS to utilize more cores" before the iPhone 6 is officially launched. The iOS updgrade will then allow addition of probably 4- 8 CPU cores for the Apple iPhone 6 for a new processing speed.
However, Peter Misek thinks Apple will have a hard time in building up all of these estimated features and specifications for the upcoming iPhone 6. This could delay the smart phone's release schedule since the new iOS design might be accomplished in 2014.
Other iPhone 6 predictions of the Jefferies industry analyst include a display conversion from LCD technology to organic light-emitting diode (OLED), incorporation of the iCloud and gesture controls for better functions and a possible Apple iOS improvement for a much better performance against the other devices from rival company Samsung.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time