Apple iPad Mini 2: Why the Small Tablet is Eclipsing the iPad 5 Too Soon
By Arlene Paredes | February 14, 2013 3:14 PM EST
Apple iPad mini 2 release date and rumours are some of the subjects most frequently discussed in tech communities online. iPad 5 anticipation features also come aplenty, but not as ubiquitous as the Apple mini reports. It may be difficult to draw the exact number of blogs and updates published daily for each iOS device. But it is understandable why more people would search for the new iPad mini than its full-size sibling.
Just three days after the iPad 4th generation and the iPad mini were released in November last year, Apple CEO Tim Cook released a statement, saying the tech giant has "practically sold out of iPad minis." Three million iPads were sold within three days, but no separate sales report was released for each gadget type.
iPad Mini 2 Release Date Anticipation: All about the improved display?
iPad mini 2 should come out at least as light as its predecessor. Otherwise, it could turn off many of those who are looking forward to buying a light iPad. Weight is one of the reasons why many iPad users have shifted to the Apple mini.
One of the most awaited features of the iPad mini is the Retina display. Either that, or the IGZO technology being spread by the rumour mill. The iPad mini screen display currently has a pixel density of 163 ppi. It does not look bad at all at the mini's 7.9-inch screen. But those who have been accustomed to the sharpness and clarity of Apple's Retina can easily see the difference.
Rumours indicate the next iPad mini will have a pixel density of 330 ppi, even better than the 264 ppi of the iPad 4th generation. Perhaps the iPad mini 2 release date anticipation has a lot to do with potential buyers eager to find out if this rumour proves true.
iPad 5 Release Date: What is there to wait for?
Both the iPad mini 2 and the iPad 5 are believed to be scheduled for launch in the last quarter of the year. But as early as now, the small tablet is eclipsing the full-size sibling in terms of popularity and anticipation. There is much talk going on about the iPad mini screen display. What exciting rumour is circulating about the iPad 5?
The iPad 5 will reportedly be thinner and lighter. It will be fueled by a new A7 processor. Like the iPad mini 2, the 5th generation iPad will reportedly sport the IGZO slim-but-solid screen technology. It remains to be seen whether the full-size iPad could overcome the large shadow of the iPad mini 2 at the front and center of Apple updates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon