HTC M7 Releases Final Teaser Ahead of February 19 Announcement [VIDEO]
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 14, 2013 2:51 PM EST
Ahead of the much awaited announcement, a final teaser for the device is making the rounds in the internet. As previously rumored, this should bring a new technology, based on Ultrapixels, not Megapixels. It remains to be seen if this is enough to compete with Nokia's PureView cameras.
The report also cited source claiming that HTC M7 will go on sale on March 8 via retailers. However, it is still unknown which service providers will start selling the HTC M7 on March 8th, but we expect the phone will show up in the UK and Europe before US service providers start stocking their store shelves with the HTC M7.
The March 8 launch date aligns with previous reports from industry sources which claimed HTC was working to secure enough components to manufacture 4-5 million units on the M7 in the first quarter of 2013 and that HTC would start selling the smartphone in Q1 of 2013 in order to have a 2-3 month sales advantage over Samsung's next flagship device.
According to the past rumours, HTC M7 will be powered by 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor with 2GB of RAM. It will have 32GB of internal storage. HTC M7 is also expected to come with 13-megapixel rear and 2-megapixel front camera and 2300 mAh battery.
HTC M7 will also be equipped 4G connectivity support and Wi-Fi 802.11ac connection that's three times faster than the current 802.11n WLAN wireless technology.
HTC is expected to add a layer of HTC Sense 5.0 on this smartphone. Pocketnow has posted a few pictures via Sina Weibo, which appear to be screenshots of this new user interface.
It is already known that HTC Sense 5.0 is expected to bring in a whole new user experience. The new UI is claimed to be "simple and clean" and will have an improved lockscreen, and offer further tweaks to HTC apps.
Watch the video of the final teaser below of the supposed HTC M7.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet