HTC M7 Releases Final Teaser Ahead of February 19 Announcement [VIDEO]
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 14, 2013 2:51 PM EST
Ahead of the much awaited announcement, a final teaser for the device is making the rounds in the internet. As previously rumored, this should bring a new technology, based on Ultrapixels, not Megapixels. It remains to be seen if this is enough to compete with Nokia's PureView cameras.
The report also cited source claiming that HTC M7 will go on sale on March 8 via retailers. However, it is still unknown which service providers will start selling the HTC M7 on March 8th, but we expect the phone will show up in the UK and Europe before US service providers start stocking their store shelves with the HTC M7.
The March 8 launch date aligns with previous reports from industry sources which claimed HTC was working to secure enough components to manufacture 4-5 million units on the M7 in the first quarter of 2013 and that HTC would start selling the smartphone in Q1 of 2013 in order to have a 2-3 month sales advantage over Samsung's next flagship device.
According to the past rumours, HTC M7 will be powered by 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor with 2GB of RAM. It will have 32GB of internal storage. HTC M7 is also expected to come with 13-megapixel rear and 2-megapixel front camera and 2300 mAh battery.
HTC M7 will also be equipped 4G connectivity support and Wi-Fi 802.11ac connection that's three times faster than the current 802.11n WLAN wireless technology.
HTC is expected to add a layer of HTC Sense 5.0 on this smartphone. Pocketnow has posted a few pictures via Sina Weibo, which appear to be screenshots of this new user interface.
It is already known that HTC Sense 5.0 is expected to bring in a whole new user experience. The new UI is claimed to be "simple and clean" and will have an improved lockscreen, and offer further tweaks to HTC apps.
Watch the video of the final teaser below of the supposed HTC M7.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists