HTC M7 Releases Final Teaser Ahead of February 19 Announcement [VIDEO]
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 14, 2013 2:51 PM EST
Ahead of the much awaited announcement, a final teaser for the device is making the rounds in the internet. As previously rumored, this should bring a new technology, based on Ultrapixels, not Megapixels. It remains to be seen if this is enough to compete with Nokia's PureView cameras.
The report also cited source claiming that HTC M7 will go on sale on March 8 via retailers. However, it is still unknown which service providers will start selling the HTC M7 on March 8th, but we expect the phone will show up in the UK and Europe before US service providers start stocking their store shelves with the HTC M7.
The March 8 launch date aligns with previous reports from industry sources which claimed HTC was working to secure enough components to manufacture 4-5 million units on the M7 in the first quarter of 2013 and that HTC would start selling the smartphone in Q1 of 2013 in order to have a 2-3 month sales advantage over Samsung's next flagship device.
According to the past rumours, HTC M7 will be powered by 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor with 2GB of RAM. It will have 32GB of internal storage. HTC M7 is also expected to come with 13-megapixel rear and 2-megapixel front camera and 2300 mAh battery.
HTC M7 will also be equipped 4G connectivity support and Wi-Fi 802.11ac connection that's three times faster than the current 802.11n WLAN wireless technology.
HTC is expected to add a layer of HTC Sense 5.0 on this smartphone. Pocketnow has posted a few pictures via Sina Weibo, which appear to be screenshots of this new user interface.
It is already known that HTC Sense 5.0 is expected to bring in a whole new user experience. The new UI is claimed to be "simple and clean" and will have an improved lockscreen, and offer further tweaks to HTC apps.
Watch the video of the final teaser below of the supposed HTC M7.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change