LG Nexus 5 Release Date Set on May 2013 with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie and Amazing Specs?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 14, 2013 2:29 PM EST
The successor of the popular LG Nexus 4, dubbed as Nexus 5, is rumoured to be released in May at the Google I/O event along with the upcoming version of Android OS - Key Lime Pie.
According to sources, Google decided to work again with LG for the development of the next Nexus flagship smartphone because the latter did a good job with the Nexus 4.
A Korean forum spilled the beans that electronics firm LG is in fact working on the successor of the Nexus 4 smartphone and the next Nexus tablet that will debut on the upcoming Google I/O conference in May.
The successor of LG Nexus 4 coined as Nexus 5 is rumoured to sport a 5-inch full-HD (1920 x 1080) display translating into a pixel density of 440ppi. The device is also speculated to be equipped with NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor with 2GB of RAM, 8/16GB of internal storage, a 13-megapixel auto-focus rear camera with LED flash and a 3-megapixel front-facing camera.
The smartphone will bear the same affordable price as its predecessor, which is one of the selling points of LG Nexus 4.
The rumoured Nexus 5 will be running the latest Android iteration out of the box, and since the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie is expected to launch in May at Google I/O, this will be the version underpinning the new flagship smartphone. The Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie is a well kept secret so far, as none of its features has leaked online so far.
This report is in line with previous reports that LG have halted the production of the Nexus 4 to make way for its upcoming smartphones, which LG defiantly denied.
However, LG Electronics SVP James Fisher confirmed that the LG Nexus 4 is just the first of the many devices that Google and LG will make. Fisher added that the firm will be launching its next generation smartphones at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next month.
The Google I/O event scheduled to take place from May 15-17 in San Francisco. Thus, we should hear from Google in the coming months.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes