Motorola X-Phone as ‘Game-Changing’ Device from Google -- Telstra Exec
By Erik Pineda | February 14, 2013 1:29 PM EST
According to SmartHouse, Telstra chief technology officer Hugh Bradlow recently held a briefing with close-in staff and informed them that Telstra is picking up a new device that is developed with the full backing of internet giant Google.
What Telstra will bring in to the country "is a real breakthrough, a game changer that will put pressure on Samsung and Apple." SmartHouse reported Mr Bradlow as saying.
Speculations are high that Google is pouring considerable resources on the X-Phone project, likely the first major device output of Motorola Mobility following its blockbuster acquisition by the tech titan.
Experts expect that the new handset will take off brandishing the highest hardware specs available by the time it is launched but further excitement is generated as Google will reportedly introduce new software capabilities with the X-Phone that to date are absent with Apple and Samsung smartphones.
What the world will see come July is the product of hardwork and collaboration of Google and Motorola engineers, which according to SmartHouse took a long time to compete the project, the tech site pointing to its unnamed insider.
"The software is really powerful and it pulls together Google services like no other manufacturer has done in the past," the same source told SmartHouse.
Beyond the specs, experts believe that the X-Phone is geared as a game-changer because it will sustain and even improve on the successful Nexus model by Google. The devices, especially the Nexus 4 smartphone, have been luring significant attention around the world by delivering powerful capabilities that are packed with low price tags.
Droid-Life entertains the likelihood that the Motorola X-Phone "would be available on all carriers as well as the Play store for an insanely low price," citing reports from numerous blog sites.
It is widely believed that the X-Phone is all prepped up for global release and Google will unpack the new handset during its annual I/O Developers Conference scheduled this May.
This new platform upgrade from Google is probably one of the powerful softwares being referred to in the SmartHouse report, analysts said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet