LeBron James Reacts to Twitter Comparison: 'I'm not MJ, I'm LJ"
By Czarina Malleta | February 14, 2013 1:09 PM EST
Without a doubt, LeBron James is one of the best players in NBA today. But he admits that he is nothing compared to one legendary player, Michael Jordan.
The Miami Heat player is well aware that he has a long way to go before he can be placed next to Michael Jordan. LeBron reacted to several tweets regarding comparison with Michael Jordan via his Twitter account.
Posting his very own tweet, LeBron said that he isn't anything like the former Chicago Bulls superstar.
"I'm not MJ, I'm LJ," the player tweeted on Wednesday morning.
Well he's definitely not Michael Jordan, he has a long way to go before he becomes comparable to the king of the basketball court. But that's not to say that LeBron has nothing impressive in his records.
Just recently, LeBron James became the first ever player in NBA history to shoot at least 30 points and shoot 60% from the field for six consecutive games. That's one record Michael Jordan didn't have and one thing that King James can boast about.
"I'm at a loss for words," James said about his latest recognition. "Like I say over and over, I know the history of the game. I know how many unbelievable players who came through the ranks, who paved the way for me and my teammates. And for me to be in the record books by myself with such a stat - any stat - it's big-time."
Although he's not Michael Jordan now, who knows? He could be the next one to make basketball history. And even if he's been continuously compared to the basketball legend, LeBron seems to know his place in the NBA arena.
"The way I see it, it took last year's playoffs for LeBron to realize just how dominant he can be. Now he realizes that, yes, he can be in Jordan's neighborhood by the time he retires, so he's setting goals and making it happen," ESPN reporter, Israel Gutierrez said.
"He's on his way there. Finishing the deal is another story."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air