LeBron James Reacts to Twitter Comparison: 'I'm not MJ, I'm LJ"
By Czarina Malleta | February 14, 2013 1:09 PM EST
Without a doubt, LeBron James is one of the best players in NBA today. But he admits that he is nothing compared to one legendary player, Michael Jordan.
The Miami Heat player is well aware that he has a long way to go before he can be placed next to Michael Jordan. LeBron reacted to several tweets regarding comparison with Michael Jordan via his Twitter account.
Posting his very own tweet, LeBron said that he isn't anything like the former Chicago Bulls superstar.
"I'm not MJ, I'm LJ," the player tweeted on Wednesday morning.
Well he's definitely not Michael Jordan, he has a long way to go before he becomes comparable to the king of the basketball court. But that's not to say that LeBron has nothing impressive in his records.
Just recently, LeBron James became the first ever player in NBA history to shoot at least 30 points and shoot 60% from the field for six consecutive games. That's one record Michael Jordan didn't have and one thing that King James can boast about.
"I'm at a loss for words," James said about his latest recognition. "Like I say over and over, I know the history of the game. I know how many unbelievable players who came through the ranks, who paved the way for me and my teammates. And for me to be in the record books by myself with such a stat - any stat - it's big-time."
Although he's not Michael Jordan now, who knows? He could be the next one to make basketball history. And even if he's been continuously compared to the basketball legend, LeBron seems to know his place in the NBA arena.
"The way I see it, it took last year's playoffs for LeBron to realize just how dominant he can be. Now he realizes that, yes, he can be in Jordan's neighborhood by the time he retires, so he's setting goals and making it happen," ESPN reporter, Israel Gutierrez said.
"He's on his way there. Finishing the deal is another story."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet