LeBron James Reacts to Twitter Comparison: 'I'm not MJ, I'm LJ"
By Czarina Malleta | February 14, 2013 1:09 PM EST
Without a doubt, LeBron James is one of the best players in NBA today. But he admits that he is nothing compared to one legendary player, Michael Jordan.
The Miami Heat player is well aware that he has a long way to go before he can be placed next to Michael Jordan. LeBron reacted to several tweets regarding comparison with Michael Jordan via his Twitter account.
Posting his very own tweet, LeBron said that he isn't anything like the former Chicago Bulls superstar.
"I'm not MJ, I'm LJ," the player tweeted on Wednesday morning.
Well he's definitely not Michael Jordan, he has a long way to go before he becomes comparable to the king of the basketball court. But that's not to say that LeBron has nothing impressive in his records.
Just recently, LeBron James became the first ever player in NBA history to shoot at least 30 points and shoot 60% from the field for six consecutive games. That's one record Michael Jordan didn't have and one thing that King James can boast about.
"I'm at a loss for words," James said about his latest recognition. "Like I say over and over, I know the history of the game. I know how many unbelievable players who came through the ranks, who paved the way for me and my teammates. And for me to be in the record books by myself with such a stat - any stat - it's big-time."
Although he's not Michael Jordan now, who knows? He could be the next one to make basketball history. And even if he's been continuously compared to the basketball legend, LeBron seems to know his place in the NBA arena.
"The way I see it, it took last year's playoffs for LeBron to realize just how dominant he can be. Now he realizes that, yes, he can be in Jordan's neighborhood by the time he retires, so he's setting goals and making it happen," ESPN reporter, Israel Gutierrez said.
"He's on his way there. Finishing the deal is another story."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]