LeBron James Reacts to Twitter Comparison: 'I'm not MJ, I'm LJ"
By Czarina Malleta | February 14, 2013 1:09 PM EST
Without a doubt, LeBron James is one of the best players in NBA today. But he admits that he is nothing compared to one legendary player, Michael Jordan.
The Miami Heat player is well aware that he has a long way to go before he can be placed next to Michael Jordan. LeBron reacted to several tweets regarding comparison with Michael Jordan via his Twitter account.
Posting his very own tweet, LeBron said that he isn't anything like the former Chicago Bulls superstar.
"I'm not MJ, I'm LJ," the player tweeted on Wednesday morning.
Well he's definitely not Michael Jordan, he has a long way to go before he becomes comparable to the king of the basketball court. But that's not to say that LeBron has nothing impressive in his records.
Just recently, LeBron James became the first ever player in NBA history to shoot at least 30 points and shoot 60% from the field for six consecutive games. That's one record Michael Jordan didn't have and one thing that King James can boast about.
"I'm at a loss for words," James said about his latest recognition. "Like I say over and over, I know the history of the game. I know how many unbelievable players who came through the ranks, who paved the way for me and my teammates. And for me to be in the record books by myself with such a stat - any stat - it's big-time."
Although he's not Michael Jordan now, who knows? He could be the next one to make basketball history. And even if he's been continuously compared to the basketball legend, LeBron seems to know his place in the NBA arena.
"The way I see it, it took last year's playoffs for LeBron to realize just how dominant he can be. Now he realizes that, yes, he can be in Jordan's neighborhood by the time he retires, so he's setting goals and making it happen," ESPN reporter, Israel Gutierrez said.
"He's on his way there. Finishing the deal is another story."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports