LeBron James Reacts to Twitter Comparison: 'I'm not MJ, I'm LJ"
By Czarina Malleta | February 14, 2013 1:09 PM EST
Without a doubt, LeBron James is one of the best players in NBA today. But he admits that he is nothing compared to one legendary player, Michael Jordan.
The Miami Heat player is well aware that he has a long way to go before he can be placed next to Michael Jordan. LeBron reacted to several tweets regarding comparison with Michael Jordan via his Twitter account.
Posting his very own tweet, LeBron said that he isn't anything like the former Chicago Bulls superstar.
"I'm not MJ, I'm LJ," the player tweeted on Wednesday morning.
Well he's definitely not Michael Jordan, he has a long way to go before he becomes comparable to the king of the basketball court. But that's not to say that LeBron has nothing impressive in his records.
Just recently, LeBron James became the first ever player in NBA history to shoot at least 30 points and shoot 60% from the field for six consecutive games. That's one record Michael Jordan didn't have and one thing that King James can boast about.
"I'm at a loss for words," James said about his latest recognition. "Like I say over and over, I know the history of the game. I know how many unbelievable players who came through the ranks, who paved the way for me and my teammates. And for me to be in the record books by myself with such a stat - any stat - it's big-time."
Although he's not Michael Jordan now, who knows? He could be the next one to make basketball history. And even if he's been continuously compared to the basketball legend, LeBron seems to know his place in the NBA arena.
"The way I see it, it took last year's playoffs for LeBron to realize just how dominant he can be. Now he realizes that, yes, he can be in Jordan's neighborhood by the time he retires, so he's setting goals and making it happen," ESPN reporter, Israel Gutierrez said.
"He's on his way there. Finishing the deal is another story."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design