LG Confirms New Phablet as 5.5-Inch Optimus G Pro: Pics Showed Striking Resemblance to Samsung Galaxy Note 2
By Erik Pineda | February 14, 2013 12:10 PM EST
Like its leading rival, the Optimus G Pro is set to captivate phablet fans with its 5.5-inch screen attraction, matching the same window appeal of the Note 2 and beaming out a 1080p screen resolution for Full HD viewing experience.
This handset is actually a version of the earlier announced Japanese release but experts are expecting considerable bump ups on the specs department.
It's fairly safe to assume that the phone is designed to unleash the wow factor bearing the following powerful features: the latest Android JellyBean, a quad-core 1.7GHz processor (possibly Snapdragon S4 Pro), 2GB of RAM, a 13Mp main camera, 32GB of space inside and the power to add up more memory via the microSD expansion slot.
As with current smartphone standard, the Optimus G Pro will be unveiled with a 4G-LTE chip, providing users super-fast wireless internet connection.
And for longer hours of operation, LG will likely include a 3140mAh battery with the new Galaxy Note 2 contender.
Pointing to the upcoming handset's main appeal, LG underscored the deployment of a curved glass with the G Pro, enabling it to radiate the so-called '2.5D' effect.
Images of the Optimus G Pro have emerged earlier with indications that the device is set for initial release in South Korea.
Now LG is declaring that selected markets will have a taste of its new phablet, hinting too that unveiling will take place via the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona later this month. At this point, it is a given that the Optimus G Pro will come in shiny black and white variants, basing on the pics previewed by LG's Facebook page.
Its market debut is expected to face stiff competition as it is widely believed that the Galaxy Note 3 will be unboxed by Samsung later this month, using the same 2013 MWC platform for the much-awaited staging.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- Chinese Property Developer Flees To New Zealand After China Arrests Vice-Mayor For Corrupt Deals
- Amazon Announces 7 New Kindles: Upgraded Amazon 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HDX Available Now On Pre-order