Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date in March with Awesome Features but Same GS3 Design
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 14, 2013 11:21 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S4 may be launched with similar design that of Galaxy S3. But it will be packed with amazing specs and features.
Korean newpaper DDaily reported that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will have the same "human-centric," "organic" look along with the three button-setup. It is initially reported that Samsung experimented with a buttonless arrangement but in the end decided to stick with the familiar home, back and menu layout.
The newspaper says reports of the S4 featuring a Wacom-based "S Pen" stylus like the Galaxy Note series are incorrect, but claims that the device will support "contactless" gestures. This technology may be similar to that of the Sony Xperia Sola, which can detect fingers at a distance.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is rumoured to feature an Exynos 5 Octa (8-Core) CPU, Mali-T678 (8-Core) GPU, 4.99″ SuperAMOLED Full HD Resolution Display, 2GB of RAM, 13 Megapixel Rear facing Camera capable of shooting 1080p Full HD Videos at 30FPS, 2 Megapixel front facing camera capable of shooting 720p HD Videos and run Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box.
DDaily also stated that the Galaxy S4 should be publicly unveiled in mid-March, ahead of a late March or early April release. Again, that timing makes sense if Samsung wants to deny Android competitors like HTC and Sony the chance to gain too much traction in the weeks following Mobile World Congress.
There are different Samsung Galaxy S4 rumours around. We are expecting Samsung to officially announce the Galaxy S4 on the 15th of March at a Samsung Unpacked event which is rumoured to be held in Moscow.
Earlier reports claimed that the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 will be released on March 15 weeks after the Mobile World Congress.
CNET sited a source close to the launch plans for Samsung allegedly stated that the Galaxy S4 will be unveiled at a later date. It is reported that Samsung does not want to share the spotlight with other smartphones that will be released at the tech event.
Samsung seemed to be planning an extravagant launch event for the successor of 2012's best-selling smartphone - Samsung Galaxy S3. Geeky-Gadgets claimed to have received a tip from a source working in a major retailer in the U.K that Samsung's smartphone will launch sometime between April 15 and April 22. It will hit the Australian shores around May or June 2013.
Samsung, however, refuses to comment on the matter. "We don't comment on rumors or speculation," a Samsung spokesperson said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists