Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date in March with Awesome Features but Same GS3 Design
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 14, 2013 11:21 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S4 may be launched with similar design that of Galaxy S3. But it will be packed with amazing specs and features.
Korean newpaper DDaily reported that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will have the same "human-centric," "organic" look along with the three button-setup. It is initially reported that Samsung experimented with a buttonless arrangement but in the end decided to stick with the familiar home, back and menu layout.
The newspaper says reports of the S4 featuring a Wacom-based "S Pen" stylus like the Galaxy Note series are incorrect, but claims that the device will support "contactless" gestures. This technology may be similar to that of the Sony Xperia Sola, which can detect fingers at a distance.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is rumoured to feature an Exynos 5 Octa (8-Core) CPU, Mali-T678 (8-Core) GPU, 4.99″ SuperAMOLED Full HD Resolution Display, 2GB of RAM, 13 Megapixel Rear facing Camera capable of shooting 1080p Full HD Videos at 30FPS, 2 Megapixel front facing camera capable of shooting 720p HD Videos and run Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box.
DDaily also stated that the Galaxy S4 should be publicly unveiled in mid-March, ahead of a late March or early April release. Again, that timing makes sense if Samsung wants to deny Android competitors like HTC and Sony the chance to gain too much traction in the weeks following Mobile World Congress.
There are different Samsung Galaxy S4 rumours around. We are expecting Samsung to officially announce the Galaxy S4 on the 15th of March at a Samsung Unpacked event which is rumoured to be held in Moscow.
Earlier reports claimed that the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 will be released on March 15 weeks after the Mobile World Congress.
CNET sited a source close to the launch plans for Samsung allegedly stated that the Galaxy S4 will be unveiled at a later date. It is reported that Samsung does not want to share the spotlight with other smartphones that will be released at the tech event.
Samsung seemed to be planning an extravagant launch event for the successor of 2012's best-selling smartphone - Samsung Galaxy S3. Geeky-Gadgets claimed to have received a tip from a source working in a major retailer in the U.K that Samsung's smartphone will launch sometime between April 15 and April 22. It will hit the Australian shores around May or June 2013.
Samsung, however, refuses to comment on the matter. "We don't comment on rumors or speculation," a Samsung spokesperson said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell