New Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Is Now Available
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 14, 2013 10:23 AM EST
Google has released a new version of Android Jellybean, 4.2.2 to several Nexus devices. The three hottest devices to receive the honors of the new version are Nexus 7, non-3G version, the Nexus 10, and the Galaxy Nexus. The new Jellybean version has added new features for convenience and efficiency.
1. New Download Notifications
Downloading from Google Play in older versions of Android displays the percentage of how much of the application size is currently on the way. Like in Windows OS, Android 4.2.2 included estimated time remaining; displaying how much time will the user wait to get the download. The new version calculates speed of in-progress downloads and estimate time remaining upon completion.
2. Quick Settings
Google added up a tweak to the Quick Settings, a feature already included in Android 4.2 Jellybean. In 4.2.2 changes, Quick Settings has now two ways to toggle certain sets of the power control. Wi-Fi now has long press toggle aside from the single toggle press, Bluetooth has the same thing, while Home network indicates it is not a toggle. However, not every part of the Quick Settings was tweaked and some of them still have single toggle functions.
3. New Sound Notifications
Wireless charging before had no sound at all but because of the 4.2.2 update, users can hear now an audio when they charge the device wirelessly. The "farty" sound whenever the Android device has reached low battery status has been changed to a more pleasant audio to the ears.
4. Other included to its change logs are:
a. More secured Android Debug Bridge
b. Bluetooth audio streaming bugs fixed
c. Performance enhancements
d. Improvements to battery life
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Prince George Birthday: Adorable New Pictures of George Touching a Butterfly on William's Hand Released [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time