New Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Is Now Available
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 14, 2013 10:23 AM EST
Google has released a new version of Android Jellybean, 4.2.2 to several Nexus devices. The three hottest devices to receive the honors of the new version are Nexus 7, non-3G version, the Nexus 10, and the Galaxy Nexus. The new Jellybean version has added new features for convenience and efficiency.
1. New Download Notifications
Downloading from Google Play in older versions of Android displays the percentage of how much of the application size is currently on the way. Like in Windows OS, Android 4.2.2 included estimated time remaining; displaying how much time will the user wait to get the download. The new version calculates speed of in-progress downloads and estimate time remaining upon completion.
2. Quick Settings
Google added up a tweak to the Quick Settings, a feature already included in Android 4.2 Jellybean. In 4.2.2 changes, Quick Settings has now two ways to toggle certain sets of the power control. Wi-Fi now has long press toggle aside from the single toggle press, Bluetooth has the same thing, while Home network indicates it is not a toggle. However, not every part of the Quick Settings was tweaked and some of them still have single toggle functions.
3. New Sound Notifications
Wireless charging before had no sound at all but because of the 4.2.2 update, users can hear now an audio when they charge the device wirelessly. The "farty" sound whenever the Android device has reached low battery status has been changed to a more pleasant audio to the ears.
4. Other included to its change logs are:
a. More secured Android Debug Bridge
b. Bluetooth audio streaming bugs fixed
c. Performance enhancements
d. Improvements to battery life
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales