New Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Is Now Available
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 14, 2013 10:23 AM EST
Google has released a new version of Android Jellybean, 4.2.2 to several Nexus devices. The three hottest devices to receive the honors of the new version are Nexus 7, non-3G version, the Nexus 10, and the Galaxy Nexus. The new Jellybean version has added new features for convenience and efficiency.
1. New Download Notifications
Downloading from Google Play in older versions of Android displays the percentage of how much of the application size is currently on the way. Like in Windows OS, Android 4.2.2 included estimated time remaining; displaying how much time will the user wait to get the download. The new version calculates speed of in-progress downloads and estimate time remaining upon completion.
2. Quick Settings
Google added up a tweak to the Quick Settings, a feature already included in Android 4.2 Jellybean. In 4.2.2 changes, Quick Settings has now two ways to toggle certain sets of the power control. Wi-Fi now has long press toggle aside from the single toggle press, Bluetooth has the same thing, while Home network indicates it is not a toggle. However, not every part of the Quick Settings was tweaked and some of them still have single toggle functions.
3. New Sound Notifications
Wireless charging before had no sound at all but because of the 4.2.2 update, users can hear now an audio when they charge the device wirelessly. The "farty" sound whenever the Android device has reached low battery status has been changed to a more pleasant audio to the ears.
4. Other included to its change logs are:
a. More secured Android Debug Bridge
b. Bluetooth audio streaming bugs fixed
c. Performance enhancements
d. Improvements to battery life
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Unruly Female Passenger Who Assaults FA Forces Air Canada To Divert Flight
- Apple iPhone 6 Is Not Behind Samsung’s Downfall, The Real Achilles' Heel Is Xiaomi--Reports
- Telstra Pays $102,000 For iPhone 6 Misleading Advertisement
- Instagram Rolls Out Five New Filters Including Aden, Crema, Ludwig, Perpetua And Slumber For Better Photos [WATCH VIDEO]
- Tariff Cuts Underway With Japan-Australia Economic Partnership