New Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Is Now Available
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 14, 2013 10:23 AM EST
Google has released a new version of Android Jellybean, 4.2.2 to several Nexus devices. The three hottest devices to receive the honors of the new version are Nexus 7, non-3G version, the Nexus 10, and the Galaxy Nexus. The new Jellybean version has added new features for convenience and efficiency.
1. New Download Notifications
Downloading from Google Play in older versions of Android displays the percentage of how much of the application size is currently on the way. Like in Windows OS, Android 4.2.2 included estimated time remaining; displaying how much time will the user wait to get the download. The new version calculates speed of in-progress downloads and estimate time remaining upon completion.
2. Quick Settings
Google added up a tweak to the Quick Settings, a feature already included in Android 4.2 Jellybean. In 4.2.2 changes, Quick Settings has now two ways to toggle certain sets of the power control. Wi-Fi now has long press toggle aside from the single toggle press, Bluetooth has the same thing, while Home network indicates it is not a toggle. However, not every part of the Quick Settings was tweaked and some of them still have single toggle functions.
3. New Sound Notifications
Wireless charging before had no sound at all but because of the 4.2.2 update, users can hear now an audio when they charge the device wirelessly. The "farty" sound whenever the Android device has reached low battery status has been changed to a more pleasant audio to the ears.
4. Other included to its change logs are:
a. More secured Android Debug Bridge
b. Bluetooth audio streaming bugs fixed
c. Performance enhancements
d. Improvements to battery life
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’