AMR creditors approve American-US Air merger: sources
February 14, 2013 10:14 AM EST
The unsecured creditors committee of bankrupt American Airlines parent AMR Corp has approved an $11 billion merger with US Airways Group Inc
The deal will be announced Thursday, the sources said, assuming the boards of both companies approve it Wednesday night. AMR's unsecured creditors will be made whole under the terms of the deal and also get accrued interest, they added.
(Reporting By Soyoung Kim; Writing by Ben Berkowitz; Editing by Bernard Orr)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid