Houston Rockets Vs. L.A. Clippers: Where To Watch Jeremy Lin Take On Chris Paul, Prediction, Preview
February 14, 2013 9:09 AM EST
The Houston Rockets and Los Angeles Clippers might be the two most exciting teams in the NBA.
No team in basketball can score like the Rockets. They lead the league with 10.3 points per game, and play a fast-paced style that leaves opposition unable to get stops.
Houston’s backcourt is especially difficult to defend. James Harden is a top MVP candidate with his 26.1 points per game, and there’s always the possibility that Jeremy Lin will have a big performance.
The Clippers may have the best dunker in the NBA in Blake Griffin. He and center DeAndre Jordan are No.1 and No.2 in the league with 130 and 116 dunks, respectively. The number of alley-oops thrown by Chris Paul has led the Clippers being dubbed “Lob City.”
Now, the two teams will met face to face on Wednesday night. The game is set to tip off at 10:30 p.m. ET at Staples Center. Viewers can watch the game nationally live on NBA TV.
At one point, L.A. had the best record in all of basketball. They lost eight of 11 games when Paul went down with an injury. The point guard seems to be healthy, though, and the club has won its last two by an average of 15.5 points.
The Rockets are also coming off somewhat of a skid. Houston beat Golden State on Tuesday, after having lost nine of their last 12 road games.
It’s the second meeting of the 2012-2013 season between the two clubs. On Jan. 15, the Clippers beat the Rockets by eight points in Houston. Jamal Crawford led all scorers with 30 points.
L.A. was able to take advantage of the weak rockets defense that allows 103.2 points per contest. They are expected to do the same on Wednesday. The Clippers are 10-point favorites at most Las Vegas casinos.
Prediction: Since Paul returned to the floor, Los Angeles is once again playing like an elite team. The Clippers are a top defensive unit, and should be able to slow down the Rockets enough to get the win.
Predicted Score: Los Angeles 100, Houston 92
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS