VIDEO Real Madrid – Manchester United: First-Half Highlights; Ronaldo And Welbeck Goals See Match Tied At The Break
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 14, 2013 7:44 AM EST
In an exciting first half, Real Madrid and Manchester United are tied, 1-1, in the first leg of the Round of 16 match of the Champions League at Santiago Bernabeu.
Sir Alex Ferguson promised a high-scoring match, and so far he's been right. Danny Welbeck got United on the board in the 20th minute off a header from a corner kick.
Cristiano Ronaldo leveled the match 10 minutes later with an impressive header of his own. The former United star did not celebrate after the goal, just as he said he wouldn’t prior to the match.
The match has been marked by a furious pace with both clubs earning several chances to score.
Madrid took 15 shots with four on goal, while United had six shots with three on target. Mourinho’s side owned possession for 56 percent of the half. Both clubs had six corner kicks.
Robin van Persie and Rafael are both playing with yellow cards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Marcos Maidana Heavily Praised By Mexican Boxing Legends
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble