VIDEO Real Madrid – Manchester United: First-Half Highlights; Ronaldo And Welbeck Goals See Match Tied At The Break
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 14, 2013 7:44 AM EST
In an exciting first half, Real Madrid and Manchester United are tied, 1-1, in the first leg of the Round of 16 match of the Champions League at Santiago Bernabeu.
Sir Alex Ferguson promised a high-scoring match, and so far he's been right. Danny Welbeck got United on the board in the 20th minute off a header from a corner kick.
Cristiano Ronaldo leveled the match 10 minutes later with an impressive header of his own. The former United star did not celebrate after the goal, just as he said he wouldn’t prior to the match.
The match has been marked by a furious pace with both clubs earning several chances to score.
Madrid took 15 shots with four on goal, while United had six shots with three on target. Mourinho’s side owned possession for 56 percent of the half. Both clubs had six corner kicks.
Robin van Persie and Rafael are both playing with yellow cards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]