VIDEO Real Madrid – Manchester United: First-Half Highlights; Ronaldo And Welbeck Goals See Match Tied At The Break
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 14, 2013 7:44 AM EST
In an exciting first half, Real Madrid and Manchester United are tied, 1-1, in the first leg of the Round of 16 match of the Champions League at Santiago Bernabeu.
Sir Alex Ferguson promised a high-scoring match, and so far he's been right. Danny Welbeck got United on the board in the 20th minute off a header from a corner kick.
Cristiano Ronaldo leveled the match 10 minutes later with an impressive header of his own. The former United star did not celebrate after the goal, just as he said he wouldn’t prior to the match.
The match has been marked by a furious pace with both clubs earning several chances to score.
Madrid took 15 shots with four on goal, while United had six shots with three on target. Mourinho’s side owned possession for 56 percent of the half. Both clubs had six corner kicks.
Robin van Persie and Rafael are both playing with yellow cards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch