Kentucky Wildcats News: Nerlens Noel Injury Update
By IB Times Staff Reporter | February 14, 2013 6:08 AM EST
Kentucky Wildcats star big man Nerlens Noel will miss the remainder of the season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament, according to ESPN.
The freshman big man landed awkwardly on his left knee on Tuesday during a road game against the Florida Gators. Noel was chasing down guard Mike Rosario on a fast break for a blocked shot before sustaining the injury. He was carried off the court by teammates after grasping his left knee.
"His leg was wobbly, knee looked dislocated," Florida center Patric Young told the Palm Beach Post, following the game. "It was gruesome. I don't want to think about it."
Noel has been regarded as perhaps the best player in the nation, and the potential No. 1 overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.
ESPN analyst Dick Vitale said he believes Noel will still be a top-rated prospect if he enters the NBA Draft early.
The 6’10 power forward was averaging 10.5 points per game, and 9.5 rebounds. He led the nation with 4.4 blocks.
The Wildcats are ranked No. 25, with a record of 17-6. The team appeared to be moving in the right direction in recent weeks with five-straight wins prior to the loss to Florida.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows