Grammys 2013: Adele Denies Chris Brown Confrontation
By Toyin Owoseje | February 14, 2013 4:53 AM EST
Adele has denied rumours that she had a heated showdown with Chris Brown at the 2013 Grammy Awards.
Reports had suggested that they had locked horns after a photograph emerged online of the Someone Like You hitmaker appearing to be saying something to an shamed Brown.
Fans had assumed that Adele was telling off the Don't Wake Me up singer for remaining seated during a standing ovation when rival Frank Ocean won Best Urban Contemporary Album.
Adele set the record straight online and insisted she did not argue with Brown.
"Chris Brown and I were complimenting each other in that photo," she told her 11.5 million followers on Twitter.
Brown and Ocean were involved in a scuffle outside the Westlake Studio in LA in January over a parking space.
Ocean, who alleged that Brown punched him, did not press charges.
"As a child, I thought if someone jumped me it would result in me murdering or mutilating a man," Ocean wrote on his Tumblr page.
"But I am not a killer. I'm an artist and a modern person. I'll choose sanity. No criminal charges. No civil lawsuit. Forgiveness, albeit trite, is wisdom."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown