Wall Street rises, S&P hits highest since November '07
February 14, 2013 2:28 AM EST
Stocks rose on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 rising above 1,523.57 to reach its highest intraday level since November 1, 2007.
The move extended a recent streak of stocks notching slight daily gains on low volume.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> was down 6.22 points, or 0.04 percent, at 14,012.48. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 4.04 points, or 0.27 percent, at 1,523.47. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was up 16.37 points, or 0.51 percent, at 3,202.86.
(Reporting by Ryan Vlastelica; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?