Wall Street rises, S&P hits highest since November '07
February 14, 2013 2:28 AM EST
Stocks rose on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 rising above 1,523.57 to reach its highest intraday level since November 1, 2007.
The move extended a recent streak of stocks notching slight daily gains on low volume.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> was down 6.22 points, or 0.04 percent, at 14,012.48. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 4.04 points, or 0.27 percent, at 1,523.47. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was up 16.37 points, or 0.51 percent, at 3,202.86.
(Reporting by Ryan Vlastelica; Editing by Nick Zieminski)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People