Most Anticipated Bollywood Movies of 2013: 'Murder 3', 'Chennai Express', 'Dhoom 3', 'Krrish 3' and More
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 14, 2013 2:11 AM EST
After having a successful year with lots of box office success, Bollywood started 2013 on a promising note with Abbas-Mustan's film, "Race 2" crossing ₹100 crore mark and Akshay Kumar starrer "Special 26" rocking the box office, though a few films like "Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola", "Inkaar", "Mumbai Mirror", "Bandook" etc failed. However, this year looks promising with some big-budget and big-starrer films in the pipeline.
Here are some of the big movies scheduled for release in 2013:
1) "Murder 3" is the third installment of "Murder" series. Directed by Vishesh Bhatt and produced by Mukesh Bhatt, the latest sequel features Randeep Hooda, Sohaib Hasnain, Aditi Rao Hydari and Sara Loren in the lead roles. It is scheduled for release on Feb 15, 2013.
2) "Chennai Express" is one of the most-awaited films scheduled for release this year. This romantic comedy film directed by Rohit Shetty and produced by Red Chillies Entertainment features Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone in lead roles. The shooting of the film started in September last year and is ecpected to be completed by April. The makers fo the film have not announced the release date yet.
3) "Himmatwala" is an action film starring Ajay Devgan opposite Tamannaah. Directed by Sajid Khan and jointly produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Vashu Bhagnani, it is a remake of the 1983 hit film with the same title, which in turn was a remake of 1981 telugu movie "Ooriki monagadu." The latest remake version is scheduled for release on March 29, 2013.
4) "Shootout at Wadala" is a crime drama based on Hussain Zaidi's book 'Dongri to Dubai'. Directed by Sanjay Gupta, it is the prequel to 2007 hit film, "Shootout at Lokhandwala". The film features John Abraham, Anil Kapoor, Kangna Ranaut, Tusshar Kapoor and Sonu Sood in lead roles and is scheduled for release on May 1, 2013.
5) "Once Upon a Time in Mumbai Again" starring Akshay Kumar, Sonakshi Sinha, Imran Khan and Sonali Bendre is a sequel to 2010 hit film, "Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai". It is a crime drama directed by Milan Luthria and produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor. It is expected to release on August 8, 2013.
6) "Satyagraha - Democracy Under Fire" is political Thriller film directed by Prakash Jha featuring Amitabh Bachchan, Ajay Devgn, Kareena Kapoor, Arjun Rampal and Manoj Bajpai. It is slated to release on August 23, 2013.
7) "Krrish 3" is a superhero science fiction film produced and directed by Rakesh Roshan. It is the third installment of "Krrish" series; the earlier films, "Koi... Mil Gaya" and "Krrish" being super hits. Featuring Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, Kangna Ranaut, Vivek Oberoi and Shaurya Chauhan in the lead roles, the film is expected to hit the screens on Nov 1, 2013.
8) "Dhoom 3" is an action thriller directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya and produced by Aditya Chopra. It is the third installment of the "Dhoom" series. Featuring Aamir Khan, Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra, Katrina Kaif and Jackie Shroff in the lead roles, the film is scheduled for release on Christmas day, Dec 25, 2013.
9) "Ganchakkar" is a comedy film starring Emraan Hashmi and Vidya Balan. Directed by Rajkumar Gupta and jointly produced by Ronnie Screwvala and Siddharth Roy Kapur, it is scheduled for release on June 21, 2013.
10) "Sher Khan" is an action film starring Salman Khan and to be produced and directed by his younger brother Sohail Khan. A few sites reported that it will be released this Eid. However, rumours are doing the rounds that the actor has scrapped "Sher Khan" and is planning to work on the remake of Telugu hit film, "Stalin" which had superstar Chiranjeevi in the lead role.
To contact the editor, e-mail: