Box Office Collection: ‘Special 26’ Dominates; ‘ABCD’ Declines
By Ankita Mehta | February 14, 2013 12:11 AM EST
Remo D'Souza's dance film "ABCD: Anybody Can Dance" and Neeraj Pandey's "Special 26" are holding well at box offices across the country in weekdays.
"ABCD" is the first 3D dance film released in India. The movie hit 750 screens (400 3D + 350 2D) on the same day as Akshay Kumar's "Special 26".
The dance film held up well on weekdays in its first week showing only 10 to 15 percent drop in collections. The film raked in ₹19.5 crore over the weekend, ₹3.5 crore on Monday and ₹3 crore on Tuesday.
"#ABCD Mon 3.5 cr, Tue 3 cr. Holding very well on weekdays," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
After five days of its release the movie's domestic total stands at ₹26 crore. The collection declined mainly due to reduced ticket rates.
Neeraj Pandey's directorial film's collection also declined slightly in the weekdays, but it still dominated the box office. In India, the heist drama was released across 1,750 screens. It features Jimmy Shergill, Manoj Bajpai, Anupam Kher and Kajal Agrawal in important roles.
Over the weekend, the film collected approximately ₹27 crore. On first Monday it raked in around ₹5 crore and Tuesday's totalled to ₹4.65 crore.
The five days total of the film at domestic box offices stands at approximately ₹36.65 crore.
The business of the film is expected to increase by 15 to 25 percent on Thursday because of Valentine's Day. In the past few years the collections of films released during this time has usually seen an upturn, according to box office India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date