Samsung Galaxy S4 to Feature Home Button And Design Like Galaxy S3
By Sarmistha Acharya | February 13, 2013 11:48 PM EST
Samsung's next generation Galaxy S series smartphone will reportedly feature a Home button.
The Samsung Galaxy S4, according to Korean newspaper-DDaily, is expected to feature the Home button like the current Galaxy S3. The upcoming handset was earlier rumoured to bundle S Pen functionality. However the latest revelation claims there will be no S Pen feature. Instead the device is likely to feature non-contact gesture function which is said to be misunderstood for S Pen feature.
Samsung was reportedly using Atmel's newest maXTouch S controller for mixed signal input allowing gesture-based navigation throughout the interface without contact with the screen, notes Phone Arena.
In terms of design, the Galaxy S4 is expected to follow the foot prints of its predecessor, Galaxy S3, which carries a streamlined design. The Galaxy S4 is said to have entered into the mass production.
The Galaxy S4, as rumoured earlier, will be announced sometime in the middle of March. The announcement will be followed by the market release of the device sometime in the April.
As far as the other features are concerned, the Galaxy S4 will feature a 4.99in Super AMOLED full HD display with resolution measuring 1080 x 1920 pixels.
The handset will be using an Exynos 5 Octa mobile processor with each cores running at clock speeds up to 1.8GHz, and paired with Mali-T678 (eight cores) graphics unit. The device will have 2GB of RAM.
Moreover, the handset is expected to have a 13 megapixel rear camera which is capable of capturing 1080p full HD video at 30 frames per second (fps) and a two megapixel front camera which can record 720p HD video. It will also bundle wireless charging. The handset will run on the latest Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) once it comes out of the box.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell