Unitech Q3 Net Profit up 52 Percent, Beats Estimates
February 13, 2013 10:08 PM EST
Unitech, India's third-largest listed real estate developer by market capitalisation, reported a forecast-beating 52 percent rise in net profit for the Oct-Dec quarter, helped by higher sales and low finance costs.
The company's net profit for the fiscal third quarter was 841.7 million rupees compared with 552 million rupees a year earlier, it said in a statement on Wednesday.
Net sales were up 25 percent at 6.45 billion rupees over the same period.
Analysts expected the company to post a net profit of 808.4 million rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Unitech, which builds houses as well as commercial and retail properties, had a mobile phone joint venture with Norway's Telenor (TEL.OL) that was among those whose licences were revoked by a court following the high profile licensing scandal.
On Tuesday the company's shares ended down nearly 18 percent after media reports of the company's Managing Director Sanjay Chandra's involvement in the allocation of mobile phone airwaves five years ago. The company has strongly denied any allegations.
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29