Unitech Q3 Net Profit up 52 Percent, Beats Estimates
February 13, 2013 10:08 PM EST
Unitech, India's third-largest listed real estate developer by market capitalisation, reported a forecast-beating 52 percent rise in net profit for the Oct-Dec quarter, helped by higher sales and low finance costs.
The company's net profit for the fiscal third quarter was 841.7 million rupees compared with 552 million rupees a year earlier, it said in a statement on Wednesday.
Net sales were up 25 percent at 6.45 billion rupees over the same period.
Analysts expected the company to post a net profit of 808.4 million rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Unitech, which builds houses as well as commercial and retail properties, had a mobile phone joint venture with Norway's Telenor (TEL.OL) that was among those whose licences were revoked by a court following the high profile licensing scandal.
On Tuesday the company's shares ended down nearly 18 percent after media reports of the company's Managing Director Sanjay Chandra's involvement in the allocation of mobile phone airwaves five years ago. The company has strongly denied any allegations.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop