MTV, Swipe Jointly Unveil 6.0-inch, Android MTV Volt Phablet for ₹12,999
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 13, 2013 7:24 PM EST
Music channel MTV India and SWIPE Telecom jointly launched their first partnered device, MTV Volt, for ₹12,999.
MTV Volt phablet is the first of this kind device to feature an in-built TV-player and access to MTV on-the-go. Following a deal with the California-based Swipe Telecom, MTV plans to launch a range of smartpones and phablets over the next two years.
"We have a two year licencing deal with Swipe and we will introduce 8-12 devices ranging from phones to phablets to tablets in the price range of ₹ 6,000 to ₹ 20, 000,"said Sandeep Dahiya, Viacom18 SVP and Business Head (Consumer Products).
The Swipe MTV Volt boasts a 6-inch capacitive display with a resolution of 854x480 pixel and packs a dual core 1GHz processor. It uses Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box operating system and sports an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash plus a 1.3-megapixel front facing camera.
"MTV Volt is a 'made to order' product for the generation that's constantly communicating, entertaining and socializing. With features that address their needs and price-point that suits their pockets, we're confident about MTV Volt by Swipe, to generate a great response," said Dahiya.
The phablet packs 512MB DDR3 RAM and 4GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 32GB with microSD card. It supports Dual-SIM (GSM+GSM) functionality along with the connectivity features like 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS. The phablet measures 158.5x88.6x11.3mm and weighs 239 grams. It is powered by an internal rechargeable marathon Li-Ion Polymer 3200 mAh battery which is expected to give 8-10 hours of talktime.
"We are excited to be associated with a youth-centric brand like MTV. The MTV Volt promises to be a perfect muse for tech enthusiasts of the generation next. In partnership with MTV, we will be launching an array of revolutionary products over the next few quarters; which will be truly disruptive," said Shripal Gandhi, Founder & CEO, Swipe Telecom about the new partnership.
The device will be positioned against recently launched Byond Phablet PIII and Karbonn A30. It will be available across several online retailers like Flipkart and Snapdeal as well as retail outlets.
Three years ago MTV was in a similar kind of partnership with Micromax and sold over 2.3 lakh units of its two phones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- Fairfax Chief Executive Greg Hywood Reiterates Commitment to Radio; No Merger With Macquarie Radio
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People