MTV, Swipe Jointly Unveil 6.0-inch, Android MTV Volt Phablet for ₹12,999
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 13, 2013 7:24 PM EST
Music channel MTV India and SWIPE Telecom jointly launched their first partnered device, MTV Volt, for ₹12,999.
MTV Volt phablet is the first of this kind device to feature an in-built TV-player and access to MTV on-the-go. Following a deal with the California-based Swipe Telecom, MTV plans to launch a range of smartpones and phablets over the next two years.
"We have a two year licencing deal with Swipe and we will introduce 8-12 devices ranging from phones to phablets to tablets in the price range of ₹ 6,000 to ₹ 20, 000,"said Sandeep Dahiya, Viacom18 SVP and Business Head (Consumer Products).
The Swipe MTV Volt boasts a 6-inch capacitive display with a resolution of 854x480 pixel and packs a dual core 1GHz processor. It uses Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box operating system and sports an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash plus a 1.3-megapixel front facing camera.
"MTV Volt is a 'made to order' product for the generation that's constantly communicating, entertaining and socializing. With features that address their needs and price-point that suits their pockets, we're confident about MTV Volt by Swipe, to generate a great response," said Dahiya.
The phablet packs 512MB DDR3 RAM and 4GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 32GB with microSD card. It supports Dual-SIM (GSM+GSM) functionality along with the connectivity features like 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS. The phablet measures 158.5x88.6x11.3mm and weighs 239 grams. It is powered by an internal rechargeable marathon Li-Ion Polymer 3200 mAh battery which is expected to give 8-10 hours of talktime.
"We are excited to be associated with a youth-centric brand like MTV. The MTV Volt promises to be a perfect muse for tech enthusiasts of the generation next. In partnership with MTV, we will be launching an array of revolutionary products over the next few quarters; which will be truly disruptive," said Shripal Gandhi, Founder & CEO, Swipe Telecom about the new partnership.
The device will be positioned against recently launched Byond Phablet PIII and Karbonn A30. It will be available across several online retailers like Flipkart and Snapdeal as well as retail outlets.
Three years ago MTV was in a similar kind of partnership with Micromax and sold over 2.3 lakh units of its two phones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery