Honda Drives New CR-V to India for ₹19.95 lakh [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 13, 2013 5:19 PM EST
The all new CR-V, which is cheaper by up to ₹2.7 lakh from its previous version, will be assembled at its Greater Noida facility in India for the first time. This time, Honda is not offering the SUV in diesel version.
The refreshed CR-V sports a new look and incorporates design changes in its headlamp, tail lamp and dashboard. The car houses the same engine of its predecessors, but now comes in four variants.The engine options of the car include 2.0 litre motor with 2-Wheel Drive (2WD) system and 2.4-litre iVTEC motor with 4- Wheel Drive (2WD) system. The 2.0 litre petrol engine is expected to give a mileage of 13.7 kilo metre per litre while the 2.4-litre model is expected to deliver a mileage of 12 kilo metre per litre.
"With the launch of the new CR-V, we have again affirm our commitment to bring the latest from the global Honda portfolio to our customers. Over the past few years Honda has been working on developing new products for the Indian market. Some of these new models will come to the Indian market in the next few years starting with the new CR-V that offers more value to Indian customers," said, Honda Car India President and CEO H Kanayama.
The car will be available in Silver Metallic, Taffeta White, Sparkling Brown Metallic, Carmelian Red Pearl, and Taffeta White colour options. It is expected to be pitted against other passenger car models like Toyota Fortuner, Mahindra SsangYong Rexton, Mitsubishi Outlander and Pajero Sport, and Ford Endeavour.
Up until Honda's latest release on Tuesday, the company's cars were imported to India as completely built units (CBU) that levied high customs duty. The local assembling of the new CR-V is believed to have brought down the price of the new variant.
The price List of new CR-V
2 litre manual transmission: ₹19.95 lakh
2 litre automatic transmission: ₹20.85 lakh
2.4 litre automatic transmission: ₹22.4 lakh
2.4 litre automatic with touchscreen: ₹ 23.85 lakh
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2