Honda Drives New CR-V to India for ₹19.95 lakh [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 13, 2013 5:19 PM EST
The all new CR-V, which is cheaper by up to ₹2.7 lakh from its previous version, will be assembled at its Greater Noida facility in India for the first time. This time, Honda is not offering the SUV in diesel version.
The refreshed CR-V sports a new look and incorporates design changes in its headlamp, tail lamp and dashboard. The car houses the same engine of its predecessors, but now comes in four variants.The engine options of the car include 2.0 litre motor with 2-Wheel Drive (2WD) system and 2.4-litre iVTEC motor with 4- Wheel Drive (2WD) system. The 2.0 litre petrol engine is expected to give a mileage of 13.7 kilo metre per litre while the 2.4-litre model is expected to deliver a mileage of 12 kilo metre per litre.
"With the launch of the new CR-V, we have again affirm our commitment to bring the latest from the global Honda portfolio to our customers. Over the past few years Honda has been working on developing new products for the Indian market. Some of these new models will come to the Indian market in the next few years starting with the new CR-V that offers more value to Indian customers," said, Honda Car India President and CEO H Kanayama.
The car will be available in Silver Metallic, Taffeta White, Sparkling Brown Metallic, Carmelian Red Pearl, and Taffeta White colour options. It is expected to be pitted against other passenger car models like Toyota Fortuner, Mahindra SsangYong Rexton, Mitsubishi Outlander and Pajero Sport, and Ford Endeavour.
Up until Honda's latest release on Tuesday, the company's cars were imported to India as completely built units (CBU) that levied high customs duty. The local assembling of the new CR-V is believed to have brought down the price of the new variant.
The price List of new CR-V
2 litre manual transmission: ₹19.95 lakh
2 litre automatic transmission: ₹20.85 lakh
2.4 litre automatic transmission: ₹22.4 lakh
2.4 litre automatic with touchscreen: ₹ 23.85 lakh
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports