Honda Drives New CR-V to India for ₹19.95 lakh [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 13, 2013 5:19 PM EST
The all new CR-V, which is cheaper by up to ₹2.7 lakh from its previous version, will be assembled at its Greater Noida facility in India for the first time. This time, Honda is not offering the SUV in diesel version.
The refreshed CR-V sports a new look and incorporates design changes in its headlamp, tail lamp and dashboard. The car houses the same engine of its predecessors, but now comes in four variants.The engine options of the car include 2.0 litre motor with 2-Wheel Drive (2WD) system and 2.4-litre iVTEC motor with 4- Wheel Drive (2WD) system. The 2.0 litre petrol engine is expected to give a mileage of 13.7 kilo metre per litre while the 2.4-litre model is expected to deliver a mileage of 12 kilo metre per litre.
"With the launch of the new CR-V, we have again affirm our commitment to bring the latest from the global Honda portfolio to our customers. Over the past few years Honda has been working on developing new products for the Indian market. Some of these new models will come to the Indian market in the next few years starting with the new CR-V that offers more value to Indian customers," said, Honda Car India President and CEO H Kanayama.
The car will be available in Silver Metallic, Taffeta White, Sparkling Brown Metallic, Carmelian Red Pearl, and Taffeta White colour options. It is expected to be pitted against other passenger car models like Toyota Fortuner, Mahindra SsangYong Rexton, Mitsubishi Outlander and Pajero Sport, and Ford Endeavour.
Up until Honda's latest release on Tuesday, the company's cars were imported to India as completely built units (CBU) that levied high customs duty. The local assembling of the new CR-V is believed to have brought down the price of the new variant.
The price List of new CR-V
2 litre manual transmission: ₹19.95 lakh
2 litre automatic transmission: ₹20.85 lakh
2.4 litre automatic transmission: ₹22.4 lakh
2.4 litre automatic with touchscreen: ₹ 23.85 lakh
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia