Honda Drives New CR-V to India for ₹19.95 lakh [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 13, 2013 5:19 PM EST
The all new CR-V, which is cheaper by up to ₹2.7 lakh from its previous version, will be assembled at its Greater Noida facility in India for the first time. This time, Honda is not offering the SUV in diesel version.
The refreshed CR-V sports a new look and incorporates design changes in its headlamp, tail lamp and dashboard. The car houses the same engine of its predecessors, but now comes in four variants.The engine options of the car include 2.0 litre motor with 2-Wheel Drive (2WD) system and 2.4-litre iVTEC motor with 4- Wheel Drive (2WD) system. The 2.0 litre petrol engine is expected to give a mileage of 13.7 kilo metre per litre while the 2.4-litre model is expected to deliver a mileage of 12 kilo metre per litre.
"With the launch of the new CR-V, we have again affirm our commitment to bring the latest from the global Honda portfolio to our customers. Over the past few years Honda has been working on developing new products for the Indian market. Some of these new models will come to the Indian market in the next few years starting with the new CR-V that offers more value to Indian customers," said, Honda Car India President and CEO H Kanayama.
The car will be available in Silver Metallic, Taffeta White, Sparkling Brown Metallic, Carmelian Red Pearl, and Taffeta White colour options. It is expected to be pitted against other passenger car models like Toyota Fortuner, Mahindra SsangYong Rexton, Mitsubishi Outlander and Pajero Sport, and Ford Endeavour.
Up until Honda's latest release on Tuesday, the company's cars were imported to India as completely built units (CBU) that levied high customs duty. The local assembling of the new CR-V is believed to have brought down the price of the new variant.
The price List of new CR-V
2 litre manual transmission: ₹19.95 lakh
2 litre automatic transmission: ₹20.85 lakh
2.4 litre automatic transmission: ₹22.4 lakh
2.4 litre automatic with touchscreen: ₹ 23.85 lakh
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 To Boost Telstra’s Income By $500 Million
- Smaller Australian Telcos Required To Have Usage Alert For Customers To Avoid Phone Bill Shock
- BlackBerry to Host ‘See The Bigger Picture’ Event in London, Dubai & Toronto on Sep 24
- Addiction Rehabilitation Leader BioCorRx, Inc. Participates In San Francisco’s eMoneyShow
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged