Honda Drives New CR-V to India for ₹19.95 lakh [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 13, 2013 5:19 PM EST
The all new CR-V, which is cheaper by up to ₹2.7 lakh from its previous version, will be assembled at its Greater Noida facility in India for the first time. This time, Honda is not offering the SUV in diesel version.
The refreshed CR-V sports a new look and incorporates design changes in its headlamp, tail lamp and dashboard. The car houses the same engine of its predecessors, but now comes in four variants.The engine options of the car include 2.0 litre motor with 2-Wheel Drive (2WD) system and 2.4-litre iVTEC motor with 4- Wheel Drive (2WD) system. The 2.0 litre petrol engine is expected to give a mileage of 13.7 kilo metre per litre while the 2.4-litre model is expected to deliver a mileage of 12 kilo metre per litre.
"With the launch of the new CR-V, we have again affirm our commitment to bring the latest from the global Honda portfolio to our customers. Over the past few years Honda has been working on developing new products for the Indian market. Some of these new models will come to the Indian market in the next few years starting with the new CR-V that offers more value to Indian customers," said, Honda Car India President and CEO H Kanayama.
The car will be available in Silver Metallic, Taffeta White, Sparkling Brown Metallic, Carmelian Red Pearl, and Taffeta White colour options. It is expected to be pitted against other passenger car models like Toyota Fortuner, Mahindra SsangYong Rexton, Mitsubishi Outlander and Pajero Sport, and Ford Endeavour.
Up until Honda's latest release on Tuesday, the company's cars were imported to India as completely built units (CBU) that levied high customs duty. The local assembling of the new CR-V is believed to have brought down the price of the new variant.
The price List of new CR-V
2 litre manual transmission: ₹19.95 lakh
2 litre automatic transmission: ₹20.85 lakh
2.4 litre automatic transmission: ₹22.4 lakh
2.4 litre automatic with touchscreen: ₹ 23.85 lakh
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal