Broadcom Update: New LTE Chip to Set Off Production of Lighter, Thinner Smartphones
By Erik Pineda | February 13, 2013 2:21 PM EST
Touted as 35 per cent smaller from the current industry standard, the upcoming Broadcom BCM21892 will allow mobile phone producers to redesign their gadgets, pointing to possible replacements of iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 that are more handy but not lacking in ump.
The future iterations of these popular handsets will also give out more hours of operating time, according to Gotta Be Mobile, as the newly designed radio signal chip delivers optimum power efficiency.
Up to 25 per cent of battery juice is saved on gadgets that will include the new chip, the same report added, again allowing smartphone and tablet designers to reduce the battery size deployed with gadgets.
The first prominent recipient of the new benefits to be delivered by Broadcom's innovation is the rumoured 5-inch iPhone 6. Analysts believe that the bigger Apple handset will debut on 2014, coinciding with the planned unveiling of the BCM21892 chip.
Samsung and other companies will naturally follow suit, strongly indicating that the device roadmap for 2014 will remain in the light and minimal sphere.
Broadcom indicated too that its new chip is fully compatible with VoLTE technology, which provides for the inclusion of HD Voice capability to next generation Apple and Android smartphones.
Apart from encouraging full multi-media capabilities, consumers can expect the planned iPhones and Galaxy smartphones to accommodate voice clarity in both the data and traditional channels of communications, Broadcom said.
Broadcom also engineered the BCM21892 chip to collaborate seamlessly with existing wireless architectures, suggesting a smooth coexistence with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi chips that are mainstays with the current crops of tablet and smartphones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Apple Inc. Stock Surge Observed as Hedge Funds 'Feasted' Ahead of iPhone 6 Launch
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6