'You're gay': Kobe Bryant Victim of Cyberbullying
By Czarina Malleta | February 13, 2013 1:27 PM EST
It's inevitable. Public figures become easy targets of cyberbullying. No matter how popular you are, no matter how much money you have, once you're out there, you'll always have trolls following your tail. That's exactly what happened to Kobe Bryant.
Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant has always been a class act inside and outside the court. He's one of the most respected basketball players out there and even the highest paid NBA star today. But although he has all of these as credentials, he can't please everybody. The same way as every artist or athlete will always have people who dislikes them.
Of course the user seems to have found it funny. Most trolls in the internet have become more and more confident to bash celebrities and other famous people whenever they wanted to. These people have grown so comfortable hiding behind their monitors and pseudo names and attack personalities like Kobe.
Well how did Kobe react to the malicious tweet? In consideration of his public status, Bryant approached the matter more calmly.
"Just letting you know @PacSmoove @pooke09 that using "your gay" as a way to put someone down ain't ok! #notcool delete that out ur vocab," the Lakers player tweeted.
How did Kobe's attacker reacted? Well in a way others might have already figured out. The Twitter user refused to apologize and responded with mockery.
"Kobe just finished me! I'm stressed! But gaining mad followers!" @PacSmoove responded.
While other celebrities may have chosen to react with a cold shoulder, Kobe Bryant refused to be attacked. But the good thing about Kobe's reaction was that it was done peacefully. He didn't return hate with hate.
Maybe the famous baskteball star keeps a certain mantra close to his heart, "An eye for an eye makes the world go blind. "
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop