'You're gay': Kobe Bryant Victim of Cyberbullying
By Czarina Malleta | February 13, 2013 1:27 PM EST
It's inevitable. Public figures become easy targets of cyberbullying. No matter how popular you are, no matter how much money you have, once you're out there, you'll always have trolls following your tail. That's exactly what happened to Kobe Bryant.
Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant has always been a class act inside and outside the court. He's one of the most respected basketball players out there and even the highest paid NBA star today. But although he has all of these as credentials, he can't please everybody. The same way as every artist or athlete will always have people who dislikes them.
Of course the user seems to have found it funny. Most trolls in the internet have become more and more confident to bash celebrities and other famous people whenever they wanted to. These people have grown so comfortable hiding behind their monitors and pseudo names and attack personalities like Kobe.
Well how did Kobe react to the malicious tweet? In consideration of his public status, Bryant approached the matter more calmly.
"Just letting you know @PacSmoove @pooke09 that using "your gay" as a way to put someone down ain't ok! #notcool delete that out ur vocab," the Lakers player tweeted.
How did Kobe's attacker reacted? Well in a way others might have already figured out. The Twitter user refused to apologize and responded with mockery.
"Kobe just finished me! I'm stressed! But gaining mad followers!" @PacSmoove responded.
While other celebrities may have chosen to react with a cold shoulder, Kobe Bryant refused to be attacked. But the good thing about Kobe's reaction was that it was done peacefully. He didn't return hate with hate.
Maybe the famous baskteball star keeps a certain mantra close to his heart, "An eye for an eye makes the world go blind. "
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories