Samsung Galaxy S4 and S4 Mini to be Released Simultaneously to Counter iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Launch?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 13, 2013 1:02 PM EST
The new rumour indicates that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is one of three products that are making up Samsung's "Project J". According to SamMobile, the S4 is getting the "Mini" treatment right out of the gate, at least if the rumour mill proves correct.
The simultaneous launch of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and its miniature version seemed to be a plan to counter the rumoured launch of the next iPhone and the low cost iPhone planned to be released this year.
Earlier reports claimed that the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 will be released on March 15 weeks after the Mobile World Congress.
Samsung seemed to be planning an extravagant launch event for the successor of 2012's best-selling smartphone - Samsung Galaxy S3. Geeky-Gadgets claimed to have received a tip from a source working in a major retailer in the U.K that Samsung's smartphone will launch sometime between April 15 and April 22. It will hit the Australian shores around May or June 2013.
Some of the rumoured specifications for the Galaxy S4 include a 5-inch FHD Super AMOLED 1980 x 1080 Flexible Display, 4G LTE connectivity, a 13-megapixel camera, 2-megapixel front camera, 2GB of RAM and Samsung's latest eight core processor, the Exynos 5 Octa that the company introduced at CES.
Some rumours claimed that the device will come with Androidv4.2.1 Jelly Bean out of the box. However, other rumours say that the device will run with Androidv5.0, Key Lime Pie.
If Samsung follows this pattern, the S4 Mini might have close to the same specs as the Galaxy S3. We can only hope that the Galaxy S4 Mini is quite similar to its bigger brother, though odds are it will probably feature a 720p display over a 1080p.
The third device according to the rumour mill says it is currently called "Fortius" and is designed to work with a number of accessories like a bike mount, arm band and more.
Amidst the rumours, Samsung released no official comment yet on the rumours surrounding its upcoming devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe