Samsung’s Project J Eyes 2013 Releases of 1.9GHz Galaxy S4, Quad-Core Galaxy S4 Mini
By Erik Pineda | February 13, 2013 12:21 PM EST
Two Galaxy S4s will hit the market this year, a new report said, replicating last year's two-pronged Galaxy S3 onslaught that saw the release of the third regular-sized S series smartphone and the Galaxy S3 Mini.
It is likely, SamMobile said, that Samsung will rollout the Galaxy S4 and the Galaxy S4 Mini in successive manner on 2013, a move that is under the South Korean firm's device initiative known as Project J.
The same project will produce a Galaxy watch that reportedly is being developed to match Apple's rumoured iWatch, the SamMobile report claimed.
The new development also pointed to a purported GL Benchmark leak that attached the model number SHV-E300S to the Galaxy S4 while showing that the upcoming gadget will be powered by a 1.9GHz quad-core processor, courtesy of Qualcomm.
The details came as a surprise as earlier reports pretty much defined an 8-core Exynos Octa 5 CPU, developed in-house by Samsung, for the S4.
Are we witnessing a last-minute revision from Samsung? It is possible, according to Gotta Be Mobile, that the Asian tech giant is planning at least two versions of its next flagship smartphone. The Qualcomm-powered S4 will be distributed in South Korea while the Exynos CPU will make its way to international markets.
The same report offered this speculation with a reminder that most details coming out about the Galaxy S4 were not officially sanctioned by Samsung. They remain as rumours until the actual specs were let out by the tech firm, an event that likely will happen on March 15 or March 22.
Nonetheless, Samsung appears firmed up on sustaining its winning market formula that delivered billions of revenues to its mobile division. As the company gears up for a head-on collision with Apple's iPhone 5S later this year, it also made sure that it will have an answer to the rumoured iPhone Mini.
Specs for the Galaxy S4 Mini remain scant at this time but SamMobile offered that it will be a 4-inch handset bearing a resolution of 1280 x 768.
Since Samsung would love to label it mini versions as the scaled down versions of their bigger brothers, it should be safe to assume that the S4 Mini will sport the tempered muscles that the regular will display earlier.
At the very least, Samsung will include a quad-core processor for the S4 Mini, improving on the dual-core that was deployed with the Galaxy S3 Mini last year, blog reports said.
Again lifting from the 2012 battle plan, the cheaper S4 Mini is wholly configured to lure global buyers wishing to try out the popular Galaxy S series handsets of Samsung but are unwilling to pay premium price.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored