Samsung Galaxy S3: Users Have (Minimum) 5 Reasons to Upgrade to S4
By Arlene Paredes | February 13, 2013 12:12 PM EST
Many Samsung Galaxy S3 users are considering the S4 release date, which has reportedly been set to March 15. Tech bloggers and sleuthing Android watchers are citing reliable intel reports that point to the said date as the next big day for the Korean tech giant.
Here are five good reasons to move on from S3 to S4 Samsung Galaxy. This may be largely based on rumours, but a lot of these "intel sources" turn out to be reliable upon product launches.
Galaxy S4: Specs Samsung mobile users are anticipating
1. Better, faster performance. Samsung Galaxy S4 is believed to be fueled by Exynos 5 Octa CPU with Mali-T658 (8-Core) GPU and 2GB of RAM under the hood. The S3 international editions, including Australian devices, carry the Exynos 4 Quad matched to 1.4 GHz quad-core Cortex-A9. The more robust the system on board, the better performance users can expect.
2. More stunning crisp display. Various tech reports say the super AMOLED display technology in the 5-inch screen of Galaxy S4 will surpass the visual appeal of Apple's Retina Display. A pixel density of 440 pixels per inch awaits S4 users. For the sake of comparison, the iPad 4th generation displays 264 ppi. On top of the vibrant screen, users also get to experience flexible display, says the rumours.
3. New S4 features. Technology can offer some sweet playtime experience. And it can make life more convenient. Qi wireless charging, Flexible Display, Floating Touch are just some of the new features that S4 users will experience. It looks like mobile phone technology has yet to peak in its evolution.
4. Enhanced mobile photography experience. From 8-megapixel, S4 users upgrade to a 13-megapixel camera, which can take 1080p Full HD videos at 30 fps. (But if you are particular with mobile camera specs, make sure to check out Sony Xperia Z, which also features a 13-MP camera.)
5. Increased productivity. The more advanced the technology that drives your mobile phone, the more chance of getting things done faster or more creatively. However, if you are not a heavy user of your phone's mobile productivity apps, you can skip this part and just consider reasons 1 to 4.
Samsung Galaxy S3 vs S4: To upgrade or not to upgrade
If you are satisfied with the overall performance and screen display of your Galaxy S3, there is really no need to upgrade - at least not yet. But if you simply must have the new flagship smartphone of Samsung, you don't even need a list of reasons to make a decision. The good news is (at least based on rumours), the S4 Samsung Galaxy has the specs and features that could be well worth your money.
VIDEO: Samsung Galaxy S4 rumoured specs
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones