Sony Xperia Z vs HTC J Butterfly: Which Waterproof, Stunning Android Display is Better? [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | February 13, 2013 11:39 AM EST
Sony Xperia Z and HTC J Butterfly (aka DROID DNA) share a couple of in-demand features, on top of which are stunning Full HD screen display and waterproof technology. But which of these Android smartphones would you pick?
Sony Xperia Z vs HTC J Butterfly: Specs, Features
Xperia Z and J Butterfly are both fueled by quad-core 1.5 GHz processors. Both have 16GB of internal storage space, 2GB RAM, and both have SD slots for storage expansion of up to 32 GB. Both devices run on Android 4.1 upon launch, except the Z features the Sony Android skin.
The 5-inch display of HTC J is powered by Super LCD 3 technology, rendering 1920×1080 pixels at 441 pixels per inch. Xperia Z features the same screen resolution and pixel density, but its display screen is enhanced by Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2. To add to the similarities of the two powerful Android smartphones, both devices are LTE ready, also with NFC support.
Sony Xperia Z vs HTC J Butterfly: Battery, Camera Difference
Xperia Z is not only waterproof, it also boasts of a dustproof technology feature. The differences between the two smartphones extend to battery life and rear camera megapixel count.
HTC J Butterfly uses 2,020 mAh battery, while Sony Xperia Z uses 2,230 mAh, with the company quoting a battery life of 11 hrs. The Sony flagship smartphone is also enhanced by the Stamina Mode feature, which can significantly extend battery life.
Both phones have the same 2-megapixel front camera. But Xperia Z has the higher rear camera pixel count - 13 MP trumps 8 MP. The Xperia Z camera is also made special with wide-ranging Sony point-and-shoot camera options.
Price Difference: Sony Xperia Z vs HTC J Butterfly
HTC Butterfly, the international unlocked model of the HTC J Butterfly (or DROID DNA) is offered exclusively by MobiCity for AU$849. The same online store is now accepting pre-orders for Xperia Z for AU$749.
Which feature matters most to you in an Android smartphone? The more specific you are, the easier it will be for you to choose between these two very good mobile devices.
VIDEO | Sony Xperia Z vs HTC J Butterfly: Size Comparison
Other Tech Feature News
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan