Samsung Galaxy S4 Rumors: Smart Phone to Feature Hand-Gesture Technology?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 13, 2013 11:27 AM EST
Numerous rumors have surrounded the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 in the past months but the latest one that surfaced on the internet could make the smart phone enthusiasts anticipate more. Samsung will reportedly incorporate the high-technology hand-gesture feature on the Galaxy S4.
The Korean news source DDaily claimed that the technology giant plans to install the Atmel maxTouch Series Touch which supports hand gestures within the display screen range. Samsung's high-technology feature will allow the Galaxy S4 users move their fingers above the screen to execute actions on the smart phone without making any contact.
Though the new Atmel chip will purportedly be used on Samsung Galaxy S4, the high-tech feature still offers minimum power consumption with a much better performance and flexibility like answering phone calls or scrolling the device. The hand-gesture technology can be helpful when hands are sweaty or winter gloves are worn making it difficult to scroll on the screen.
With the touch-free feature available, the Galaxy S4 users can just simply hold the smart phone and use hand movements to operate it. The touch-free gestures on Samsung Galaxy S4 would work with the use of infrared proximity sensors as well as cameras that will interpret the hand movements without touching the smart phone.
The advanced technology will allow for a multitude of signal driven applications and the use of super thin sensing electrodes such as the Indium Tin Oxide (ITO). These sensitive electrodes will invisibly combine the central processors, graphics processors and other functions.
Samsung has not confirmed or denied the hand-gesture technology rumor on Samsung Galaxy S4. The technology giant has not officially released any Galaxy S4 launch information or phone specifications and the company declines to give comments on the rumors.
"We don't comment on rumors or speculation," a Samsung spokesperson stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Nokia Lumia 530: Windows Phone Handset Now On Sale In The UK With £87 Price
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko