iPhone 4S Receives iOS 6.1.1 Update to Fix Bugs and LTE Problems
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 13, 2013 11:26 AM EST
Apple released the iOS 6.1.1 for iPhone 4S to fix the bugs and LTE problems of the handset to enable LTE in more parts of the world.
The demand for the use of LTE technology is growing all over the world and therefore Apple has decided to offer something better to the users that have already purchased Apple iPhone 4S.
Apple claims that with the new version update many users will be able to make use of the LTE technologies and Fandango ticket buying through Siri as well as better music controls. The update will also fix some of the earlier bugs that were left out in the phone.
Many consumers using iPhone 4S said that they started experiencing major problems with making calls and sending text messages and also accessing the internet with the previous iOS 6.1 update.
The software update purportedly resolves the many bugs afflicting iPhone 4S owners who upgraded to iOS 6.1.
iOS 6.1.1 is optimized for iPhone 4S models only as it chiefly "fixes an issue that could impact cellular performance and reliability for iPhone 4S." It is available now either for direct download or as an over-the-air download.
Although iPhone 4S users were seemingly hardest hit by the iOS 6.1 update, iPhone 5 owners maintain that battery life has been seriously impaired by iOS 6.1. Apple is yet to formally address the issue although an update for iPhone 5 users may similarly be on the way.
Meanwhile, there is no stopping the rumours towards the upcoming iPhone 6 from tech giant Apple. There have been rumours that the next iPhone as well as the cheaper version of the handset will be released together in June.
There have been rumours about a low cost iPhone coming our way and these go back to early last year. Some people have said that the device will be the Apple iPhone Mini while some say that it will be the Apple iPhone Lite.
Some of the other rumoured features of the next iPhone are super HD camera, massive internal storage of 128GB, Near Field Communication, a better battery and IGZO screen display.
The company remained tight-lipped on the details of the upcoming smartphones. Below are some of the features that we can expect from the upcoming iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues