Toshiba’s10-inch Tablet Regza AT501 to Hit Stores Feb 15
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 13, 2013 10:43 AM EST
The rise of demand for 10-inch tablets is unpredictable. Ever since Samsung and Google released Galaxy Note 10.1 and Nexus 10, more and more users want to own such portable devices.
The Japanese company Toshiba has introduced Regza ATZ501, a 10-inch tablet with IPS display technology which will be on store shelves on Feb 15, 2013 for 40,000 yen or $425. Regza AT501 has been priced a little more than Google Nexus 10, 16GB.
The Toshiba 10-inch tablet is the follow-up of the AT500 and it has decent technical specifications with it.
The display has 1280 x 800 resolution with IPS technology, 1.3GHz Tegra 3 processor, 1GB of RAM and it can be a companion to Toshiba Regza TV units.
It has 3MP of rear camera shooter which is a bit disappointing considering its price; runs Android 4.1 Jellybean OS, and has at least 10 hours of battery life. Regza AT510 weighs around 625 grams, making it much lighter than the Surface RT from Microsoft, and measures 10.5 mm in thickness.
The bad part about this device in comparison to Google Nexus 10 would be the single core processor installed with a price tag of $425 per unit. Another comparison is against the iPad with Retina display. The iOS device costs at least $499 and surely will beat off the Regza AT501 even just with the display feature alone.
The Regza tablet may be an influence from its bigger brother, the Regza TV. The high-end television called Regza features Regza Engine for advanced high processing video output, 2D to 3D conversion, 3D passive technology, contrast booster, Auto Clean, Auto View and collaboration design with Jacob Jensen Design. The device can connect using USB, wireless LAN, optical audio out and HDMI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar