Toshiba’s10-inch Tablet Regza AT501 to Hit Stores Feb 15
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 13, 2013 10:43 AM EST
The rise of demand for 10-inch tablets is unpredictable. Ever since Samsung and Google released Galaxy Note 10.1 and Nexus 10, more and more users want to own such portable devices.
The Japanese company Toshiba has introduced Regza ATZ501, a 10-inch tablet with IPS display technology which will be on store shelves on Feb 15, 2013 for 40,000 yen or $425. Regza AT501 has been priced a little more than Google Nexus 10, 16GB.
The Toshiba 10-inch tablet is the follow-up of the AT500 and it has decent technical specifications with it.
The display has 1280 x 800 resolution with IPS technology, 1.3GHz Tegra 3 processor, 1GB of RAM and it can be a companion to Toshiba Regza TV units.
It has 3MP of rear camera shooter which is a bit disappointing considering its price; runs Android 4.1 Jellybean OS, and has at least 10 hours of battery life. Regza AT510 weighs around 625 grams, making it much lighter than the Surface RT from Microsoft, and measures 10.5 mm in thickness.
The bad part about this device in comparison to Google Nexus 10 would be the single core processor installed with a price tag of $425 per unit. Another comparison is against the iPad with Retina display. The iOS device costs at least $499 and surely will beat off the Regza AT501 even just with the display feature alone.
The Regza tablet may be an influence from its bigger brother, the Regza TV. The high-end television called Regza features Regza Engine for advanced high processing video output, 2D to 3D conversion, 3D passive technology, contrast booster, Auto Clean, Auto View and collaboration design with Jacob Jensen Design. The device can connect using USB, wireless LAN, optical audio out and HDMI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS