Toshiba’s10-inch Tablet Regza AT501 to Hit Stores Feb 15
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 13, 2013 10:43 AM EST
The rise of demand for 10-inch tablets is unpredictable. Ever since Samsung and Google released Galaxy Note 10.1 and Nexus 10, more and more users want to own such portable devices.
The Japanese company Toshiba has introduced Regza ATZ501, a 10-inch tablet with IPS display technology which will be on store shelves on Feb 15, 2013 for 40,000 yen or $425. Regza AT501 has been priced a little more than Google Nexus 10, 16GB.
The Toshiba 10-inch tablet is the follow-up of the AT500 and it has decent technical specifications with it.
The display has 1280 x 800 resolution with IPS technology, 1.3GHz Tegra 3 processor, 1GB of RAM and it can be a companion to Toshiba Regza TV units.
It has 3MP of rear camera shooter which is a bit disappointing considering its price; runs Android 4.1 Jellybean OS, and has at least 10 hours of battery life. Regza AT510 weighs around 625 grams, making it much lighter than the Surface RT from Microsoft, and measures 10.5 mm in thickness.
The bad part about this device in comparison to Google Nexus 10 would be the single core processor installed with a price tag of $425 per unit. Another comparison is against the iPad with Retina display. The iOS device costs at least $499 and surely will beat off the Regza AT501 even just with the display feature alone.
The Regza tablet may be an influence from its bigger brother, the Regza TV. The high-end television called Regza features Regza Engine for advanced high processing video output, 2D to 3D conversion, 3D passive technology, contrast booster, Auto Clean, Auto View and collaboration design with Jacob Jensen Design. The device can connect using USB, wireless LAN, optical audio out and HDMI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide