Toshiba’s10-inch Tablet Regza AT501 to Hit Stores Feb 15
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 13, 2013 10:43 AM EST
The rise of demand for 10-inch tablets is unpredictable. Ever since Samsung and Google released Galaxy Note 10.1 and Nexus 10, more and more users want to own such portable devices.
The Japanese company Toshiba has introduced Regza ATZ501, a 10-inch tablet with IPS display technology which will be on store shelves on Feb 15, 2013 for 40,000 yen or $425. Regza AT501 has been priced a little more than Google Nexus 10, 16GB.
The Toshiba 10-inch tablet is the follow-up of the AT500 and it has decent technical specifications with it.
The display has 1280 x 800 resolution with IPS technology, 1.3GHz Tegra 3 processor, 1GB of RAM and it can be a companion to Toshiba Regza TV units.
It has 3MP of rear camera shooter which is a bit disappointing considering its price; runs Android 4.1 Jellybean OS, and has at least 10 hours of battery life. Regza AT510 weighs around 625 grams, making it much lighter than the Surface RT from Microsoft, and measures 10.5 mm in thickness.
The bad part about this device in comparison to Google Nexus 10 would be the single core processor installed with a price tag of $425 per unit. Another comparison is against the iPad with Retina display. The iOS device costs at least $499 and surely will beat off the Regza AT501 even just with the display feature alone.
The Regza tablet may be an influence from its bigger brother, the Regza TV. The high-end television called Regza features Regza Engine for advanced high processing video output, 2D to 3D conversion, 3D passive technology, contrast booster, Auto Clean, Auto View and collaboration design with Jacob Jensen Design. The device can connect using USB, wireless LAN, optical audio out and HDMI.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health