Samsung Galaxy S4: Specifications, Gesture Technology Features
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 13, 2013 10:31 AM EST
For the past couple of months, Samsung Galaxy S4 had been under the heat of rumours and expectations of what's hot about its upcoming flagship device. A complete set of preliminary specifications and comparison of the Galaxy S4 had leaked out, and surprisingly, the device has only four-core processors unlike the ZTE Nubia Z7 which has eight-cores.
GSMArena.com has already posted an unofficial full technical specification of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy device which reveals some concrete ideas once released.
Network: 2G/3G/4G LTE
Display: Super Amoled capacitive touchscreen
1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0-inches, 441 ppi pixel density
Corning Gorilla Glass 2, TouchWiz UI
Sound: MP3, WAV Ringtones
Memory: 16GB internal storage, microSD up to 64GB storage support
2GB of RAM
Data: GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, HSUPA, LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, USB 2.0
Camera: 13MP rear shooter with autofocus and LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording, simultaneous HD video & image capture, HDR, image stabilization
Secondary camera - Yes
OS: Android 4.2 Jellybean
CPU: Quad-core 2GHz Cortex A15, Exynos 5450 quad chipset
Features: S-Voice natural language, Smart Stay eye tracking
Galaxy S4 is also rumored to have a gesture-based technology for users to flick above the device's screen to scroll pages and home screens without the need for a stylus. It is quite similar to the Air Play of the Galaxy Note 2.
Details of the Galaxy S4 and iPhone 6, seen as potential competitors, have been leaked even though their technical specifications are not yet confirmed and both devices are not yet being sold in the market.
According to the News Tribe, iPhone 6 is expected to have a Smart Rear Camera similar to Sony's 13MP sensor with the awaited flash upgrade, 3D imaging sensor, and a Time for Photographer sensor which enables the device to sense the photographer's face in any memorable capture.
It also indicated that Samsung Galaxy S4 will be bringing something unusual and innovative for the camera function. A report claimed that the device can capture high-quality images even under low-light condition, which could mean that it may have a better camera than iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’