Samsung Galaxy S4: Specifications, Gesture Technology Features
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 13, 2013 10:31 AM EST
For the past couple of months, Samsung Galaxy S4 had been under the heat of rumours and expectations of what's hot about its upcoming flagship device. A complete set of preliminary specifications and comparison of the Galaxy S4 had leaked out, and surprisingly, the device has only four-core processors unlike the ZTE Nubia Z7 which has eight-cores.
GSMArena.com has already posted an unofficial full technical specification of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy device which reveals some concrete ideas once released.
Network: 2G/3G/4G LTE
Display: Super Amoled capacitive touchscreen
1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0-inches, 441 ppi pixel density
Corning Gorilla Glass 2, TouchWiz UI
Sound: MP3, WAV Ringtones
Memory: 16GB internal storage, microSD up to 64GB storage support
2GB of RAM
Data: GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, HSUPA, LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, USB 2.0
Camera: 13MP rear shooter with autofocus and LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording, simultaneous HD video & image capture, HDR, image stabilization
Secondary camera - Yes
OS: Android 4.2 Jellybean
CPU: Quad-core 2GHz Cortex A15, Exynos 5450 quad chipset
Features: S-Voice natural language, Smart Stay eye tracking
Galaxy S4 is also rumored to have a gesture-based technology for users to flick above the device's screen to scroll pages and home screens without the need for a stylus. It is quite similar to the Air Play of the Galaxy Note 2.
Details of the Galaxy S4 and iPhone 6, seen as potential competitors, have been leaked even though their technical specifications are not yet confirmed and both devices are not yet being sold in the market.
According to the News Tribe, iPhone 6 is expected to have a Smart Rear Camera similar to Sony's 13MP sensor with the awaited flash upgrade, 3D imaging sensor, and a Time for Photographer sensor which enables the device to sense the photographer's face in any memorable capture.
It also indicated that Samsung Galaxy S4 will be bringing something unusual and innovative for the camera function. A report claimed that the device can capture high-quality images even under low-light condition, which could mean that it may have a better camera than iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique