Samsung Galaxy S4: Specifications, Gesture Technology Features
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 13, 2013 10:31 AM EST
For the past couple of months, Samsung Galaxy S4 had been under the heat of rumours and expectations of what's hot about its upcoming flagship device. A complete set of preliminary specifications and comparison of the Galaxy S4 had leaked out, and surprisingly, the device has only four-core processors unlike the ZTE Nubia Z7 which has eight-cores.
GSMArena.com has already posted an unofficial full technical specification of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy device which reveals some concrete ideas once released.
Network: 2G/3G/4G LTE
Display: Super Amoled capacitive touchscreen
1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0-inches, 441 ppi pixel density
Corning Gorilla Glass 2, TouchWiz UI
Sound: MP3, WAV Ringtones
Memory: 16GB internal storage, microSD up to 64GB storage support
2GB of RAM
Data: GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, HSUPA, LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, USB 2.0
Camera: 13MP rear shooter with autofocus and LED flash, 1080p@30fps video recording, simultaneous HD video & image capture, HDR, image stabilization
Secondary camera - Yes
OS: Android 4.2 Jellybean
CPU: Quad-core 2GHz Cortex A15, Exynos 5450 quad chipset
Features: S-Voice natural language, Smart Stay eye tracking
Galaxy S4 is also rumored to have a gesture-based technology for users to flick above the device's screen to scroll pages and home screens without the need for a stylus. It is quite similar to the Air Play of the Galaxy Note 2.
Details of the Galaxy S4 and iPhone 6, seen as potential competitors, have been leaked even though their technical specifications are not yet confirmed and both devices are not yet being sold in the market.
According to the News Tribe, iPhone 6 is expected to have a Smart Rear Camera similar to Sony's 13MP sensor with the awaited flash upgrade, 3D imaging sensor, and a Time for Photographer sensor which enables the device to sense the photographer's face in any memorable capture.
It also indicated that Samsung Galaxy S4 will be bringing something unusual and innovative for the camera function. A report claimed that the device can capture high-quality images even under low-light condition, which could mean that it may have a better camera than iPhone 6.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional