'Howard Stern' Prankster Fools CBS During Christopher Dorner Manhunt: Ronnie the Limo Driver Shot Him [LISTEN HERE]
By Maria Vultaggio | February 13, 2013 10:24 AM EST
There has been a huge manhunt for the ex-LAPD officer since he allegedly shot and killed two civilians and a police officer last week, the Associated Press has reported.
On Tuesday in the Big Bear area, a man who is believed to be Dorner was holed up in a mountain cabin and exchanged gunfire with lawmen, wounding two deputies.
It wasn’t long before CBS was pranked by a guy who claimed to be “Mike Taugher” from the U.S. Fish and Game Commission. The station lucked out with the worst thing the prankster said being “dumbass,” an approved word by the FCC ‘s standards.
The caller eventually wound up referencing Ronnie the Limo Driver, Howard Stern’s head of security.
“Taugher” said the U.S. Fish and Game Commission reported the initial citing of Dorner.
“We called law enforcement and it was confirmed that there was gunfire,” he said.
“We believe it was Ronnie the Limo Driver firing at Mr. Dorner and we believe that he hit him.”
“You say Ronnie the Limo Rriver?”
“Yes ma’am. Ronnie the Limo Driver.”
“He was on his way to a block party…”
The CBS news anchor continued to question “Taugher” when he eventually burst out:
“You’re a real dumbass. You still don’t know this is a prank?”
The reporter cut off the exchange, saying, “Okay, apparently some people taking advantage of live television on a very serious day here in Los Angeles where a gun battle is unfolding in the search for Christopher Dorner. Keep in mind that these reports are coming in live.”
That was all needed to make “Howard Stern” a trending topic in the Twitterverse:
@richarddeitsch wrote, “CBS's Los Angeles station just got seriously pranked by someone dropping Howard Stern lingo.”
@SirJustinFromVA laughed, “oh my god i want howard stern people to call into this live manhunt so bad right now and prank.”
@TheSteamer shared, “Not sure what’s worse, a screener getting fooled by a prankster or someone still doing Howard Stern phony phone calls. #TossUp.”
The city of Los Angeles is offering a $1.1 million reward for any information that can lead to Dorner's arrest and conviction—the largest reward that has ever been offered in the city’s history.
Check out the audio from the prank below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display