Zach Galifianakas Awkwardly Interviews Oscar Nominees In ‘Between Two Ferns’ Series [VIDEO]
By Charles Poladian | February 13, 2013 10:10 AM EST
Zach Galifianakis has made the awkward yet hilarious interview an art form in his “Between Two Ferns” series. The comedian is at it again as he interviews a series of 2013 Oscar hopefuls, including Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper and a “very special guest.”
“Between Two Ferns” shows Galifianakis and his interview subject engaging in some off-kilter but hilarious conversation. The people who appear on “Between Two Ferns” are in on the joke and Galifianakis’ antics and the results are quite surprising and let the actors and actresses have fun. With the Oscars fast approaching, some of the people appearing on “Between Two Ferns” will be asked plenty of questions about their nominated films, but chances are they will not face any questions even remotely similar to what Galifianakis asks.
Galifianakis posted “Between Two Ferns: Oscar Buzz Edition Part 1” and “Between Two Ferns: Oscar Buzz Edition Part 2” this week and he managed to get Jennifer Lawrence ( “The Hunger Games” and “Silver Linings Playbook”), Christoph Waltz (“Django Unchained”), Naomi Watts (“The Impossible”), Anne Hathaway (“Les Miserables”) and Amy Adams (“The Master”) for part one and Bradley Cooper (“Silver Linings Playbook”), Jessica Chastain (“Zero Dark Thirty”), Sally Field (“Lincoln”) and a surprise guest for part two. The episodes were posted on Funny or Die.
With Jennifer Lawrence, Galifianakis’ odd interview style gets immediate laughs, but Lawrence gets the best of the host in an exchange that plays off earlier media attention surrounding her weight. The tables get turned, and while it’s played for laughs, it is great revenge for Lawrence.
Watts may not be the first actress who comes to mind when thinking about body humor, but she plays along with Galifianakis’ bowel-centric questions. Waltz and Galifianakis also discuss the controversy surrounding the language in “Django Unchained,” again lampooning the issue.
Hathaway seems to have the most fun pretending to be drunk, breaking out into song and just taking over the interview. With Chastain, Galifianakis asks if “Zero Dark Thirty” is a movie about Chris Brown while Fields reveals she “really, really hates pennies.” Galifianakis has the most fun with his “The Hangover” co-star Cooper, which leads to a profanity-laced physical confrontation.
You can view both Oscar episodes of “Between Two Ferns” below. The 2013 Oscars will air Feb. 24.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around