Feb 14 is SAD (Single Awareness Day); 10 Memes for Single People on Valentine’s Day
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 13, 2013 10:03 AM EST
With just a day to V-Day, the apparent loneliness of people with no special someone or significant other is highlighted. Given a choice, most people would rather be in a relationship than remain unattached, especially every Feb 14.
A Harris Poll survey of more than 2,000 American adult males done online found that some men would rather go through a root canal than be single on V-Day.
So their being loveless and dateless would not be noticed, some men go to the shooting range and spend an average of $250 to $300 to blast their loneliness away.
As their numbers are apparently increasing, some people call love day as Single Awareness Day instead.
One study suggested for singles to scout for potential partners in cities known for having large number of unattached people. For single women, they have higher chances in San Francisco and San Diego in California, while for males, the good hunting grounds are in Boston, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
However, a blogger in Huffington Post cited six reasons why it is better to be single on Valentine's Day. Her reasons are:
l There is no need to fake interest in some romantic gesture
l No need to be part of a last-ditch effort to save a relationship
l Saves money
l Saves the pretending to like something that someone gave you for a more important event
l Gives you the freedom to get drunk, and
l The opportunity to have anonymous S-E-X!
People who for years have been used to being single now find the issue a dead one, giving them the opportunity to do what they want on Feb 14.
Or accept a bitter reality
Others still blame Cupid for being poor at shooting arrows
While others exert effort to get a date, which could refer to the fruit
or something written in numbers in the calendar
Or indulging in a passion
For singles in such a situation, it would be a good idea to spent the day busy at work
But for some, the better option is to pretend that he or she has a thriving love life.
It's your choice whether to survive the day
Or even enjoy it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- 'Green Alien Eggs' Spotted on Sydney's Dee Why Beach
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde Attends Father’s Funeral Without Handcuffs, Brother Thanks TPB Founder’s Supporters on Facebook
- British Teenager Wants Her Leg Cut To be Able To Compete At Paralympics – Watch Video
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia