Feb 14 is SAD (Single Awareness Day); 10 Memes for Single People on Valentine’s Day
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 13, 2013 10:03 AM EST
With just a day to V-Day, the apparent loneliness of people with no special someone or significant other is highlighted. Given a choice, most people would rather be in a relationship than remain unattached, especially every Feb 14.
A Harris Poll survey of more than 2,000 American adult males done online found that some men would rather go through a root canal than be single on V-Day.
So their being loveless and dateless would not be noticed, some men go to the shooting range and spend an average of $250 to $300 to blast their loneliness away.
As their numbers are apparently increasing, some people call love day as Single Awareness Day instead.
One study suggested for singles to scout for potential partners in cities known for having large number of unattached people. For single women, they have higher chances in San Francisco and San Diego in California, while for males, the good hunting grounds are in Boston, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
However, a blogger in Huffington Post cited six reasons why it is better to be single on Valentine's Day. Her reasons are:
l There is no need to fake interest in some romantic gesture
l No need to be part of a last-ditch effort to save a relationship
l Saves money
l Saves the pretending to like something that someone gave you for a more important event
l Gives you the freedom to get drunk, and
l The opportunity to have anonymous S-E-X!
People who for years have been used to being single now find the issue a dead one, giving them the opportunity to do what they want on Feb 14.
Or accept a bitter reality
Others still blame Cupid for being poor at shooting arrows
While others exert effort to get a date, which could refer to the fruit
or something written in numbers in the calendar
Or indulging in a passion
For singles in such a situation, it would be a good idea to spent the day busy at work
But for some, the better option is to pretend that he or she has a thriving love life.
It's your choice whether to survive the day
Or even enjoy it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports