Feb 14 is SAD (Single Awareness Day); 10 Memes for Single People on Valentine’s Day
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 13, 2013 10:03 AM EST
With just a day to V-Day, the apparent loneliness of people with no special someone or significant other is highlighted. Given a choice, most people would rather be in a relationship than remain unattached, especially every Feb 14.
A Harris Poll survey of more than 2,000 American adult males done online found that some men would rather go through a root canal than be single on V-Day.
So their being loveless and dateless would not be noticed, some men go to the shooting range and spend an average of $250 to $300 to blast their loneliness away.
As their numbers are apparently increasing, some people call love day as Single Awareness Day instead.
One study suggested for singles to scout for potential partners in cities known for having large number of unattached people. For single women, they have higher chances in San Francisco and San Diego in California, while for males, the good hunting grounds are in Boston, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
However, a blogger in Huffington Post cited six reasons why it is better to be single on Valentine's Day. Her reasons are:
l There is no need to fake interest in some romantic gesture
l No need to be part of a last-ditch effort to save a relationship
l Saves money
l Saves the pretending to like something that someone gave you for a more important event
l Gives you the freedom to get drunk, and
l The opportunity to have anonymous S-E-X!
People who for years have been used to being single now find the issue a dead one, giving them the opportunity to do what they want on Feb 14.
Or accept a bitter reality
Others still blame Cupid for being poor at shooting arrows
While others exert effort to get a date, which could refer to the fruit
or something written in numbers in the calendar
Or indulging in a passion
For singles in such a situation, it would be a good idea to spent the day busy at work
But for some, the better option is to pretend that he or she has a thriving love life.
It's your choice whether to survive the day
Or even enjoy it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide