Feb 14 is SAD (Single Awareness Day); 10 Memes for Single People on Valentine’s Day
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 13, 2013 10:03 AM EST
With just a day to V-Day, the apparent loneliness of people with no special someone or significant other is highlighted. Given a choice, most people would rather be in a relationship than remain unattached, especially every Feb 14.
A Harris Poll survey of more than 2,000 American adult males done online found that some men would rather go through a root canal than be single on V-Day.
So their being loveless and dateless would not be noticed, some men go to the shooting range and spend an average of $250 to $300 to blast their loneliness away.
As their numbers are apparently increasing, some people call love day as Single Awareness Day instead.
One study suggested for singles to scout for potential partners in cities known for having large number of unattached people. For single women, they have higher chances in San Francisco and San Diego in California, while for males, the good hunting grounds are in Boston, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
However, a blogger in Huffington Post cited six reasons why it is better to be single on Valentine's Day. Her reasons are:
l There is no need to fake interest in some romantic gesture
l No need to be part of a last-ditch effort to save a relationship
l Saves money
l Saves the pretending to like something that someone gave you for a more important event
l Gives you the freedom to get drunk, and
l The opportunity to have anonymous S-E-X!
People who for years have been used to being single now find the issue a dead one, giving them the opportunity to do what they want on Feb 14.
Or accept a bitter reality
Others still blame Cupid for being poor at shooting arrows
While others exert effort to get a date, which could refer to the fruit
or something written in numbers in the calendar
Or indulging in a passion
For singles in such a situation, it would be a good idea to spent the day busy at work
But for some, the better option is to pretend that he or she has a thriving love life.
It's your choice whether to survive the day
Or even enjoy it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- Australian Woman Charged for Adultery in Lebanon for Visiting Boyfriend
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- Humans at Their Worst: MH17 Victims' Credit Cards Used in Ukraine, Phones 'Answered' by Strangers
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales