Feb 14 is SAD (Single Awareness Day); 10 Memes for Single People on Valentine’s Day
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 13, 2013 10:03 AM EST
With just a day to V-Day, the apparent loneliness of people with no special someone or significant other is highlighted. Given a choice, most people would rather be in a relationship than remain unattached, especially every Feb 14.
A Harris Poll survey of more than 2,000 American adult males done online found that some men would rather go through a root canal than be single on V-Day.
So their being loveless and dateless would not be noticed, some men go to the shooting range and spend an average of $250 to $300 to blast their loneliness away.
As their numbers are apparently increasing, some people call love day as Single Awareness Day instead.
One study suggested for singles to scout for potential partners in cities known for having large number of unattached people. For single women, they have higher chances in San Francisco and San Diego in California, while for males, the good hunting grounds are in Boston, Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
However, a blogger in Huffington Post cited six reasons why it is better to be single on Valentine's Day. Her reasons are:
l There is no need to fake interest in some romantic gesture
l No need to be part of a last-ditch effort to save a relationship
l Saves money
l Saves the pretending to like something that someone gave you for a more important event
l Gives you the freedom to get drunk, and
l The opportunity to have anonymous S-E-X!
People who for years have been used to being single now find the issue a dead one, giving them the opportunity to do what they want on Feb 14.
Or accept a bitter reality
Others still blame Cupid for being poor at shooting arrows
While others exert effort to get a date, which could refer to the fruit
or something written in numbers in the calendar
Or indulging in a passion
For singles in such a situation, it would be a good idea to spent the day busy at work
But for some, the better option is to pretend that he or she has a thriving love life.
It's your choice whether to survive the day
Or even enjoy it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leak Raises Doubts on Apple's iCloud; How to Secure Apple ID
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans