Bieber Rips Carney: Black Keys Drummer Receives Flood Of Hate Tweets From Justin Bieber Fans
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 13, 2013 9:47 AM EST
Black Keys drummer Patrick Carney might just have been speaking honestly when a TMZ reporter asked him whether he felt Justin Bieber had been snubbed at the Grammys, but he’s clearly regretting his words now.
The 32-year-old musician has been receiving a deluge of hate tweets from Bieber’s fans all day, ever since the Canadian pop star tweeted that Carney should be “slapped around.”
After cleaning up at the Grammys with three awards including Best Rock Album of the year, Carney was stopped by a TMZ reporter outside of the Chateau Marmont, and asked if he thought Bieber “should have been nominated for anything.”
“I don’t know,” Carney answered on camera. The TMZ reporter persisted, adding, “some people say he got snubbed for not getting nominated.”
“He’s rich, right?” Carney responded. “So I mean, I don’t know. Grammys are for like, music, not for money, and he’s making a lot of money. He should be happy, I guess.”
The clip quickly went viral, and Bieber responded to Carney’s comments on Twitter on Tuesday, writing, “the black keys drummer should be slapped around haha.”
Shortly after his tweet, hundreds of Bieber’s fans began intimidating tweeting messages at Carney.
But even as outraged messages directed at Carney continued to flood Twitter, the musician continued to tweet about the social media feud, retweeting many of the comments from Bieber’s angriest fans.
“It's cool when you get cornered outside your hotel by a guy with a camera and they ask you a dumb question and then put it on TV. :(“ Carney wrote shortly after the social media onslaught began to take off.
In a cheeky reference to Charles Darwin, famed for his theory of “survival of the fittest,” Carney responded to Twitter user @MLSecret’s message, “
@patrickcarney s annoying tweets make me crazy I wanna punch his face seriously #grammys,” writing, “Happy Birthday Charles Darwin!!!”
Around 4 p.m. Carney wrote, “My twitter today has turned into a virtual Claire's Accessories.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales